ғᴏᴜʀ

There was not many social interactions anymore after the quite eventful dinner. I was surprised when even Lily didn't try to organise some shitty playdate with the boys in my room. To say the least it was awkward, the boys kept at glancing at me every once in a while. It had been well over a week and to say the least there was minimal interaction except for Arlo trying to flirt with me without getting caught by Lily.

My eyes fluttered awake, being greeted by the overly warm sunshine hitting my body. I genuinely had a good rest but I didn't want to admit it one bit. I don't know what kind of mattress I lied in but to say the least it was probably more comfortable than the 'Fuck and Go' couch on the front lobby of Juvy.

I rubbed my eyes warily, giving a loud groan as I got up from the clutches of the nice bed, as every body part of my screeched to get closer to the mattress, as I headed to the bathroom giving myself a quick rinse on my face. For quite a while I stared at the reflection mirroring my actions completely; I looked like thy inbred offspring of Yoda and a dildo.

My brain didn't seem to be completely functioning like the Internet Explorer trying to comprehend porn to a infruiated horny teen in less than 20 minutes.

Cursing loudly after hitting my head on the bed ramp repeatedly had brought the worst of me, as I reached out my hand to grab whatever was the closest to me.

"Los hijo de puta!".

After throwing inappropriate hand gestures at the bed railing I slipped on into whatever the fuck I was holding.
That turned out to be a pair of tiny hello kitty pajamas.

$$$

The table was overpopulated. Once I reached the kitchen, the chaoticism seemed to double up. Everyone's demands and voice clashed together with the scraping of forks and spoons, creating a quite different atmosphere than yesterday's dinner.

I studied the family, noticing tiny details buried in their odd personalities. They seemed no nosy and such chatterboxes they were, I wondered if their stupid pretty lips ever shut up.

Dios realmente debe tener sus favoritos.

My shoulders slumped as I rubbed my eyes warily, losing any attention I had towards the family. Every inch of my body was sore and the reason was still unknown. To this point it was almost as if everything I had achieved in life never had mattered in such ways, it was like my soul was drifting out my body, levitating inches from the ground.

"Athena!", I blinked dimly at Mike noticing his enthusiasm in such early days.

"Don't be shy, join us, you're family already!".

That sentence seemed to trigger a diversity of answers. I could hear Damien, Elijah and Mathew whisper among themselves as if we were in 'The Gossip Girl'. A few chorus and chants of lack of energy 'yeahs' and odd grunts filled the already awkward tensionous air, whilst Lily gave a loud 'Whoop, whoop' which everyone silently cringed at.

"For God's sake, boys...", I attempted not to give out an eye roll at how overly melodramatic they all were.

"Do you have any manners? This young lady here is a wonderful woman and is capable to live without your snotty opinions!".

I prayed the cringe away as he referred to me as a 'woman'. I could sense how uncomfortable he was around me; his eye would twitch at odd times, he would fidget with shit that was close to him, plus he seemed to avoid eye contact. Mike was not healing well from hearing about my old school.