Chapter Twelve

We'd been sat in Archer's office for what seemed like hours. I spent most of that time just sitting and staring at my captor, thinking of all the ways I could knock him unconscious with the various things in the room.

A lamp, some books, a chair, maybe even-

"What were you doing in the woods mate?" His question snapped me out of my daze, making me realise that he was also staring straight back at me.

"I don't know." I started blandly, looking away, instead looking at some of the shelves that lined the walls.

I picture caught my attention. A young looking Archer stood with his arms wrapped around a younger girl, a huge grin plastered over his face as they laughed at each other. I squinted my eyes to make out more of the picture but I was once again cut off by Archer.

"How did you get there?" He persisted.

I huffed, rolling my eyes under closed lids so he couldn't see. "I told you, I don't know, I just woke up like that." I sat up rubbing my sore eyes.

A guttural sound came from him, making me snap my head in his direction. He was stood up leaning on his desk, his eyes instantly pining me down.

"Why are you lying to me?" He growled.

I gulped, my leg nervously began to bounce beneath me. "I-I'm not." I stuttered. I mentally wanted to kick my self for not being confident.

I watched him as he came out from behind the desk, prowling towards me with an angry face. "Then why did I receive a phone call telling me that you were trying to buy silver chains only day the day before I found you wrapped up in some." He said slowly, placing hands on either side of me, caging me in as he leaned closer.

I shrank away, trying to contain my whimpers of fear. "I-I don-"

"Don't you dare say you don't know." He growled. I flinched closing my eyes, trying to calm myself down.

I breathed shaky breaths, relishing in the relief of not having silver hanging around my neck.I reassured myself that I had no reason to be afraid, I was the one holding the power now. Without my necklace on, I could surely win a fight between us.

I knew all too well the my own strength.

I opened my eyes again, meeting his stare with confidence. "You're right, I do know."

"Then tell me." He demanded, slightly confused with my new demeanour.

"No" I pushed him off me, and walked to the door. He stumbled back, his expression changing from anger to one of slight amusement. I opened the door, nearly going through before it was slammed shut in my face.

I turned around, taken back by the closeness of Archer's huge body. "Little mate," He chuckled, caressing my face. I flinched back, but he held me still. "you don't have a choice."

"Like me being here" I blurted out, not even thinking. A flash of hurt flew across Archer's face.It was as if he felt remorseful for bringing me here. Guilt tickled at my neck, almost making me regret what I'd said. But instead I straightened, not letting him guilt trip me. If he felt so bad, why doesn't he let me leave?

Archer sighed moving away from me, looking at the ground as he opened the door. I brushed past him, suddenly feeling bad for my harsh words. I shook it off, continuing my way towards the kitchen.

I was starving.

I turned around awkwardly, realising that I actually had no idea where anything was in here.

"I'll make you something." Archer muttered, moving over to the oven. As if to stress the urgency of my hunger, my stomach made a large growl. My cheeks flushed red, whilst Archer just chuckled while pulling out pasta from the cupboard.