Chapter Twenty

Graphic content:

Shoved into a dark room, my knees grated against the concrete below me. I scrambled to turn around to face him. My eyes were wide, my hands shaking as they struggled to hold me up. Leaning down, he gently unclasped the silver collar from around my thin throat. The tentative action contrasted against the evil in his eyes.

Wisps of air escaped my chapped lips, unable to scream for my lack of voice, scabby flesh clinging to the collar as it was pulled away. The blood oozed across my collar bones, the cold air hitting the sensitive skin.

Looking at me with sympathy, he lent down to inspect the wound. Before I could recoil, he pressed his fingers against my raw neck, a sick smile forming over his lips at the obvious agony I was in.

"That looks sore." He mused finally taking his hand away. Pulling out a small vile from his pocket, he forced my mouth open, splashing the liquid down my dry throat. In what felt like seconds, I felt some strength coming back to me along with my voice. Weak whimpers echoed in the silent room as he continued to survey me with a twisted look in his eye.

"Thats better." Gently stroking my hair, he patiently waited for me to nod me head. "My poor princess must be hungry."

He knew fully well that I hadn't been fed for days, maybe even weeks. Time here had all blurred into one. Every moment was a torturous eternity in this hell.

Once again, I silently nodded my head, fearful of using my voice.

"We can't have that." he said caressing my cheek with a soft touch that sent repulsion down my spine.

He stood abruptly. The hollowness of his steely eyes made me want to shrink back into myself. They snapped up to a mirror behind me, nodding his head slowly. I assumed it was double sided.

"I wish to show my guests how beautiful you really are." His eyes stared off into the distance. "To show them your true ethereal form."

Eyes back on me, he smiled again, making me want to vomit. "I know you will not disappoint"

With that he left me alone.

I sat there, wondering what he meant. What sick surprise was just waiting around the corner.

My skin began to itch. My blood pumping fast in my ears. My heart beat like a thousand horses hooves against my rib cage. My eyes burned.

But above all, my stomach constricted and squeezed in devastating hunger. I couldn't bear it. The ravenous need to devour and consume engulfed me.

A harsh spot light turned on from somewhere above me. I winced trying to shield my already ablaze eyes.

Whilst my gaze was hidden, I heard the screech of doors opening, along with the shuffling of feet. Yells of terror pierced my ears, making me snap my head up.

Shoved into the circular room, a man tumbled forward, the doors closing behind him. He was blindfolded and his hands were shackle behind his back.

"Please" He pleaded into the empty space. "Please help me." He sobbed, the cloth covering his eyes becoming damp.

Instantly I felt my canines elongate, my nails extending. I screamed as I felt bones snapping and reshaping themselves.

I realised what this was.

A sacrifice.

A slaughter.

I was going to kill him.

I tried to claw to the mirror, knowing he was stood behind it watching. I banged helplessly against it, my palms slapping against my reflection. I was terrified at what I saw: a contorted, half shifted, deformed monster. Bones sticking out at repulsive angles, I struggled to look away.

My muscles and ligaments snapped again, and I watched my body move in unnatural ways. Strangled hollers filled the room.

I could see the man behind me, crying hysterically in terror. His constant pleas barley audible over my howls. I begged, when I could manage to form words, that he wouldn't make me do this. That this man could live another day as long as he just opened the door.

It would only take a second. But that second didn't come.

"Please- please have mercy!" I shrieked, in a last attempt before my control was lost, and all there was was black.

My eyes snapped open as two strong arms pushed me against a solid chest, snapping me out of my nightmare. My form was trembling and my breath was ragged and shallow.

Trying to free myself, I shrieked and yelled, panic clutching my throat. My voice was hoarse from all the screaming I must've already done.

"Shhhh, calm mate." I heard a low soothing voice rumble around me. I couldn't get away from him, my whole body encased by him in a defensive way.

Archer was here with me. It was just a dream. It wasn't really happening.

"It's just a dream. Dreams can't hurt you." I repeated over and over the words that would always calm me down.

Archers continuous hums of reassurance flowed through me, finally letting the streams of tears stop. I sniffled, burrowing my face into his chest, trying to ground my self. Clutching at my head I tried to push out the awful memories.

Running his large hands through my hair, Archer held me close to him, refusing to allow even an inch of space between us. His warmth surrounded me, filling me to my core. I breathed him in, the realness of him, feeling comfort stir in the suppressed parts of my mind.

The way he caressed my back over and over again as I hiccuped into his front, slowly began to bring my heartbeat down to normal pace.

Kissing the top of my head, he gently brought a hand under my chin, and pulled my face back so that he could look at me. Even in the darkness his large brown eyes stood out to me clear as day. They swirled with remorse and pity as they looked down at my pathetic state.

Using the pad of his thumb, he swiped away the stray tears from under my eyes.

Slowly, his eyes began to cloud with amber and gold, shining brightly down on me. Archer was gone and replaced with the beast inside him. The pull in my chest thrummed.

All at once, I felt the demon release herself. Not forcefully. Not with savage hunger or lust.

She ran through my mind, gently pushing me back as she was called forward. I saw my eyes change to their crimson red in the reflection of his shining eyes.

Never had I ever felt so at peace with her in control. The raging monster she usually was was calm and tame. Being drawn out, she brought serene peace  over my mind. It wasn't a battle for control, instead, I let her protect my mind from all the awful thoughts.

"I won't let anything hurt you." Archers words were quiet, yet absolutely certain. His eyes searched mine, as if they were looking past my exterior and straight into my soul. "You are safe."

Pulling me back into his chest, I listened to the rhythmic beating of his heart. Slowly shutting my eyes, I was lulled back to sleep in his warm embrace.

Before slumber could catch me, my lips lazily sighed "I'll never be safe."

_-____-_____——___-______—___—____—___

Sidenote// Welp I know its short. But it had to be ended here for the story to floooooow

Fun fact- coffee helps me go to sleep. I think we've established by now that Shay is a tad fucked up.

Comment and vote xoxox

-Shay