Chapter Sixteen

Five years ago.

After that night, when my whole life was taken from me in seconds, I woke up, cold and alone. Every muscle in my body was aching as I laid on a concrete flaw.

I sat slowly up, my arms shaking feeling as though all my muscles had turned to mush. I winced, as the part between my shoulder blades was so tender it felt like the skin had been ripped open and was only starting to heal.

Looking around, I finally began to panic as I realised I had no idea where I was. I could hardly see, there being no source of light in the room, only a sliver of white peeking through under what I assumed was the door.

Images of what happened crashed through my mind in huge waves.

Elias. My Dad. My Mum.

They were all gone now, and I was all alone.

Not being able to hold back any longer, I hugged my knees to my chest and let cried uncontrollably. I wasn't sure how long I sat there in the freezing room, my body being wracked with heartbreaking sobs.

I cried until my eyes where dry and no more tears could fall. My body was exhausted and I eventually passed out, unconsciousness hitting me at the same time my head hit the stone floor.

I woke up abruptly to the sound of the metal door screeching open. Scrambling to sit up, I could hardly see as my eyes were burned by the sudden light. I noticed my skin around where the necklace from mother hung was tender and sore. I hardly had time to take notice of that though as a dark figure entered slowly, his features concealed from me.

Shrinking back into the corner, I tried to hide myself away from them in the shadows. Even the dark I could tell their eyes were following my feeble movements. A low and malicious chuckle escaped the stranger as he took slow steps towards me. With every inch he came closer to me, my stomach twisted more and more. It was if I hadn't been fed in years, and I was seeing a meal for the first time.

"Look at you." I could hear the grin in voice, even if I couldn't see it. "Even more beautiful than I could've ever imagined"

Whimpering, I flinched at his outstretched hand, but he was already beside me, caressing my face with a soft touch. I tried to move away from his rough hand on my cheek. In a second his demeanour changed from being soft to venomous. In one swift movement he caught my chin and jerked my face forward towards his own.

It was then for the first time I saw those eyes. Those cold and icy eyes that would haunt my dreams every night.

"Now now. There's no need to be afraid." He tutted as if I was a child. Despite his claim, I knew that I should be afraid. That this man oozed terror and that every piece of logic was begging for me to get as far away as possible from him.

But somehow, I wanted to stay. Every fibre in my body wanted me to get closer to him, even though my brain was screaming for me to run. It was like I was in a trance, and I was being lured to him.

I knew it was because of what Mum had warned me about. It was because of what I was. Because I was an aswang.

Creatures that disguise themselves as people, but turn into viscous killers when the need to feed off of unpure souls takes over. Their huge black wings make them mistakable for angels. But that fatal mistake is what leads many naive people to their deaths.

The evil look in his eyes had my stomach churning with hunger, in a way that disgusted me. I tried desperately to ignore it as he looked at me with a greedy stare.

"You do not know how long I've waited for you." He leered, gripping my face tighter.

In seconds, my face was pressed to the dirty floor. The feeling of rough concrete scrapping against my skin had me crying out, cuts no doubt marring my cheeks.

"What's this?" I felt his touch the necklace, lifting away from my skin, going me some relief from the burning it was causing me."This won't do." He stated after a moments inspection, yanking it harshly from me, causing it to snap. I yelled and begged for him to give it back. That necklace was the last thing I had to remember my family by.

Without it I had nothing.

The sounds of metal clanking confused me further as I felt the hair being lifted from around my shoulders. The cool feeling of silver slipping around neck was harshly contrasted by the intense burning I felt. The sound of sizzling skin filled the small room along with my screams of agony.

I clawed at his hands from an awkward angle, trying with my best efforts to get him off me. But it felt as though all my muscles hadn't been used in years. I struggled to keep my eyes open, the only thing keeping me awake being the intense pain from my neck and my fear for what this man might do if I passed out.

A click sealed the collar shut tightly. His weight was lifted from me and my chest finally had enough room to let me take a full breath. My screams of agony had ceased as my voice had shrivelled up inside my throat, as though my voice box had been burnt out.

My hands instantly went up to the foreign piece, searching desperately to find a way to unlock it.

"Stunning." He stood marvelling at what he done. His dark eyes swirled with greed and lust, a gruesome grin spreading over his thin lips.  His words had shivers of repulsion running up my spine. "And all mine."

////////////////

Side note: Shay is currently on her holibobs right now.

Holibobs- A word which that also means holiday; usually used by middle aged aged women such as Karen, Linda and Carol.

So it means updates are slow. I also have loads of summer reading to do, and Thomas Hardy is taking up a lot of my time.

I'm also going to try to update Missing Link again because a few people have been asking for it.

Anywho comment and vote xoxox

-Shay