Twenty Two

Never once in my life had my wolf been more in control. All he could see was red and all he wanted was her.

After last night, all I could think about was what had happened to her. I'd never heard screams like that, or felt fear that pungent. Her body was shaking, tremors in control of her entire form.

I felt useless, unable to help or understand. The most I could do was hold her until she calmed down.

Once she finally fell asleep in my arms, I couldn't get her words out of my head.

I'll never be safe

Who was it? The one to make her scream until her throat burned and cry until her eyes were dry. The bastard who forced her to run and hide, forced her to watch her back every turn she made. That wasn't the way to live. Not the way she deserved. She deserved the world.

I would kill them. That much was clear. It wouldn't be quick either; I would make them suffer the way she had suffered.

I tried to approach the question calmly, but my wolf was already on edge. As soon as Cameron said she wanted to leave my wolf flipped, shoving me to the back of my mind.

He couldn't loose her, he was terrified of it. We knew all too well how easy it was to loose the ones you care about, and we weren't about to let it happen again.

Cameron running and hiding only spurred him on. It drove the animal instincts in him wild. Her delicious scent was overpowering, leaving an obvious trail to where she was.

I was desperate to get back in control. Seeing her huddled in the back of the wardrobe, fear in her eyes, made me feel sick. But my wolf didn't care. All he wanted was for her to be safe. This was his way of protecting his mate, whether she knew it or not

My wolf wanted to mark her, to claim her as ours. That way we could sense her fear, understand her emotions and connect fully.

The thought of leaving our mark on her neck had my wolf grinning with joy.

Bringing her back shrieking to our room, I finally realised what he was going to do.

To watch while someone else was in control of your body, as they tore apart something that was so precious, was like someone ripping out my chest.

Despite how hard I tried, my wolf had a strong grasp on our mind.

He pinned her down with enhanced strength. The sheer terror on her face broke me. I could only imagine what she thought we were going to do to her. I knew all too well how hideous I looked right now: elongated teeth, protruding nail, and shining yellow eyes- I looked like a monster.

Her pleas falling on deaf ears, my wolf didn't wait around any longer. Biting into her soft flesh, he began to mark her. I felt the connection between us begin to bloom. My soul stretched to hers.

One second I was hovering over her, the next I was thrown into a wall. The wind was knocked out of me as I flew across the room. In the moment of distraction, I finally managed to get control back from my wolf.

Shaking my ringing head, I looked back up at the bed.

Cameron was sat up, chest rising and falling quickly. She looked down at me with wide red eyes. We held each others gaze for a moment, both of us in shock, before she darted off into the bathroom.

The sound of the lock being turned beat me to the door.

"Cameron-" I began banging on the door, desperate to explain to her, to try and calm her down. "Cameron I'm so sorry, please open the door"

I could her crying softly. Leaning my forehead against the door, I listened to her sniffles, whilst self loathing crawled over me.

How could I do that? How could I loose control so easily.

The sounds of her crying slowly began to turn into low deep groans. My eyebrows furrowed as I pressed my ear to the door. There was the sound of things being knocked over along with the sound of her stumbling.

"Cameron open this door." I yelled beginning to grow worried. Was she going to be sick. Maybe she was going to faint from blood loss.

A piercing scream carried through the door. I quickly rushed to break the door down, not being able to leave her in pain much longer. Punching a hole big enough for me to fit my arm through, I reached into the bathroom and unlocked the door, disregarding my bleeding knuckles.

Swinging open the door, I saw Camerons body crumpled up like a ball in the corner.

She looked up, her eyes still shining red. "Get out" She grunted. He face twisted in pain before she screamed again. My mouth hung open as her back began to deform, stretching the limits of her shirt.

I rushed to her, trying to hold her hand. She pushed me off her, snarling with extended fangs.

"I said get out" She growled, before shrieking again as her back contorted.

Watching her from a few steps back, I was speechless. In one sharp movement, huge black wings slashed out of her back. Blood seeped out of the fresh wound where they sticking out from, as though they had just ripped out from underneath her skin.

Beginning to flap, the glossy feathers caught the light, as the wings lifted her body off the floor elegantly so that she was stood up.

Her luminescent eyes falling on me, I barley recognised the person in front of me. Cameron was no longer in control. Her hollow eyes watched me for a moment, the room silent. My wolf was howling again, wanting control back. Ignoring him, I tried to move towards her ethereal form.

Before I could even take a step, she was already out of the door. I ran out of the bathroom just in time to see her smash through the window, glass exploding across the room.

Flying off into the distance, I watched with my mouth agape, as she soared high over the trees.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Sidenote// No I'm not dead. But Im nearly there, no one explained to me that taking art along with two essay subjects was a silly idea.

well here I am. Regretting my subject choses. But what can you do

Sorry for the lateness

Comment and vote

Xoxoxoxoxox

-shay