Sick Day

This is for lamming19

Peter's POV

I hate having a cold. It means that you have either a runny or stuffy nose and maybe sometimes both. You can't breathe through your nose and your eyes are red. The worst part about me being sick is that I can't be Spider-Man! It's my fault I'm sick though...

*Flashback to 1 am last night*

I was swinging through Queens in cold weather. To be more specific, it was pouring with a cold breeze. Even though I was feeling a bit under the weather, I had no intention to let a little bit of rain deter me from saving people.

I heard a scream and I quickly changed direction towards the sound. I arrived at the alleyway where I heard the scream come from and I saw a woman being held by a group of men while another rummaged through the contents of her purse.

"Hey you! Didn't you learn from your mom to ask before looking through her purse?"

All of the men turned toward me and pulled out switchblades.

"Oh no, looks like I'm in trouble now!" I said cheerfully.

They all stopped paying attention to the lady and rushed towards me with their blades. Some of them looked serrated and I knew that would be painful if I got stabbed.

I quickly disarmed the men and webbed them all together to a lamppost.

"You all right ma'am?" I asked the poor lady. "Are you hurt?"

"I'm ok, thank you Spiderman." She said shakily.

"No proble- ACHOO!"

She smiled and walked away. As soon as she was out of sight, I swung to my apartment and climbed through the window and collapsed on the bed, not even caring that I was soaked in my suit.

"Karen, check my vital signs."

"Sure thing."

A moment of silence.

"My diagnosis is that you have a bad cold. I suggest taking off your suit and taking a hot shower."

"Ugh, I shouldn't have gone on patrol this late in the rain."

I followed Karen's instructions and then I brushed my teeth and went to bed.

*Present*

I heard a knock at my door and May opened it and walked in.

"Hey Peter. You're gonna be late for school." She said.

"I'm not feeling well but I'll get up." I said in a congested voice as I sat up.

May's eyes widened and gently had me lay back in bed.

"Were you out patrolling in the storm last night?" She asked worriedly. "Is that why you sound like you're sick?"

I nodded my head and I closed my eyes.

May left the room to make a phone call to who knows what person. She returned after a few minutes.

"I'll drive you to Stark's on my way to work. He can take care of you." She said with a soft smile on her face.

"What can Mr. Stark do for me?" I said with a little sniffle. "It's not like he invented the cure for the common cold."

"No, but I have work and I'm sure he has nothing to do today as the world is not in imminent danger and he agreed."