Rant (NOT AN UPDATE)

As probably all of you know, the Earth is facing the COVID-19 right now, and most of us are affected by it.

I happen to live in America and as most of you probably know we have Tr*mp as our president. The first case of COVID-19 appeared in January this year and he did nothing to try and stop it. He did acknowledge that it had entered the US but he didn't do anything until a couple of weeks ago. When it had spread far enough to actually make a bigger impact than it would have if he had just done something instead of lying that it was contained.

There is another factor in this story that could have helped us prevent this.

In 2018, he shut down the pandemic department of the White House, saying that it cost too much money. Who in their right mind would shut down a part of the government that can make a huge impact on the lives of citizens if a pandemic were to affect us? When asked about this during a press conference he denied knowing anything about the sudden shutdown of the department. He put the vice president in charge of that department recently. What good will that do for us? Putting someone in charge of a whole department that they know little to nothing about.

Another reason this sucks: School for me is most likely going to be closed for the rest of the year. I mean to a lot of kids, this may seem like the best school year ever. They might be thinking, Yeah, I don't have to go to school, this is amazing! I hate school, it's so boring! No, it's not amazing, it's really not. You shouldn't hate school. I did, when I was younger, but I loved it as I got older. People have lost their jobs, people are being hospitalized, people are DYING.

School being closed for the rest of the year sucks because at first, they said that it will only be for 2 weeks, and I was looking forward to being back. It's my senior year of high school and I was looking forward to attending the events that were planned. Grad Nite, Senior picnic, Senior breakfast, and walking up to get my diploma on the day of graduation (I don't want to go to prom). I won't be able to do any of these things because of the COVID-19. It really hurts because I didn't really get to say goodbye to all of my teachers, I won't get to see my friends in the same class ever again. There are so many things that I wish I could do, but in the end, it's not likely that I will be able to.

Also, please, please, please, practice social distancing. With our current state of new cases popping up everyday, we need to now more than ever, practice social distancing. I don't care if you want to have a huge get together with your friends, DO NOT DO IT. You may not be showing symptoms, but you could still be carrying the virus. What happens if you pass it on to an elderly family member without knowing it and they end up getting infected? Please, help stop the spreading of the virus by staying at home as much as possible. If you really want to see your friends, do a group FaceTime or Skype instead. You can talk to your friends that way while practicing social distancing. I know it's hard not seeing your friends everyday like you would at school. I can't tell you how sad it makes me feel that I can't hug my friends or even see them in person. It f*cking sucks. I've had a few days where I'm so frustrated that I cry a little bit just to let out my emotions about this whole situation. If you have a sibling who is a senior in college or high school, please try to comfort them if they are feeling stressed and anxious, like me. If you're a senior in school like me and you are at home because of the virus, please try to keep yourself busy with whatever you need to do. PRACTICE SELF CARE BECAUSE ITS REALLY IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW.