EPILOGUE

8 months later:

Every breath you take.
I'll be there. In your heart
And in your head.
All at once,
I'll never let go.
Of the million little pieces,
Of my soul that you stole.
And all at once...
They call this crazy, crazy stupid love.

And I've been waiting, waiting my whole life.
For a story about boy meets girl,
The one who promised her the world.
I guess this is crazy, crazy stupid love.
You're my-everything.
You're more than enough.
Everywhere you wanna go.
I will follow.
Through every heartache,
And every sorrow.
All at once,
I'll never let go.
Of the million little pieces,
Of my soul that you stole.
And all at once...
They call this crazy, crazy stupid love.
And I've been waiting, waiting my whole life.
For a story about girl meets boy.
The one who promised him all the joy.
I guess this is crazy, crazy stupid love.
You're my-everything.
You're more than enough.

I've been leaning against these walls.
I've been through it all.
Once or twice before.
I've been covering all these cracks.
I've been to hell and back.
Once or twice before.
They call this crazy, crazy stupid love.
And I've been waiting, waiting my whole life.
About the stories about all these miles.
The ones we promised in our vows.
I guess this is crazy, crazy stupid love.
You're my-everything.
You're more than enough.

I smell the roses perfume and felt pure happiness as I look into Josh’s bright blue eyes as he finishes the last cord and melody. His vows to me, to us written in a song. Tears were streaming down my cheeks in happiness. It’s been a long eight months, but it all fell away as I look around, surrounded in white. The color of miracles. Taylor was next to me as my young maid of honor dressed in purple (as always), sharing the title with Vicky who lately only have eyes for the other Boweman brother, but that’s another story to tell. Eight months ago a miracle happened in the form of a young boy. Even though it was a miracle that came with a price, it gave us a second chance. I smiled into the sky, thanking Him for another chance with my daughter. My hands found my little belly bump. Three months along. It took us ten years to find each other again. Then almost lost of our child. Through all the lies, the pain and sorrow we made it though. We were stronger together, as a family. I was trying to rebuild a relationship with my mom after my father passed away four months ago. The guilt and sickness that took him from us. If anyone ever tells you that love doesn't exist? Just let me tell you my story. Our story. The man with a guitar, a girl in a crowd. Guided by the love that never died.

I love you Madison Boweman.”
"Forever and always, my love for you will never die.”

JOSH BOWEMAN
Six months later:

*
I look down to the pink skinned baby in my arms. My boy. My healthy baby boy. My wife was resting with a sleeping big sister curled up against her body. Also healthy. I thank God every day for the miracle he send in the form of a boy, because sometimes bad things happen, but sometimes those bad things could end up saving a life or eight. I look down at him as he sleeps in my arms. His tiny finger wrapped around my pinky as the soft light of the purple room dances across his blue eyes I knew was hidden beneath his lashes and reflecting on my ring, resting peacefully on my left ring finger. The promise I made. I finally found what I was looking for my whole life.
“One day my sweet Jacky boy, I am going to tell you a story about a green eyed girl who stole my heart not once, but twice. And when you’re old enough to truly understand, I will tell you why we named you Jackson Boweman. I love you…”

THE END.