• CHAPTER SEVEN •

»»» THE plan according to Fred was always a simple one

»»» THE plan according to Fred was always a simple one. It involved gaining trust of a girl he barely knew, convince her that there was a reason behind all this and hope that together they'd be able to figure out what really happened to them both. Although he didn't know much about Death, one thing he understood was that this was not how it was supposed to be. Yet there was something that kept slowing him down.

He didn't count on small bumps.

They came in all sorts of small gestures and forms, ones that shouldn't bother him and definitely didn't when they were both alive. That part bothered him the most. Was he so caught up in his own world with George that he couldn't notice anything else?

It had to change if they were both going to survive this.

So when Lavender looked up, cheeks slightly tinged, unable to meet his eyes, Fred smiled coyly, a new idea forming in his head. But first they both had a lot more food to devour, a task that they seemed much more comfortable with now that there was some sort of plan in place for the rest of their time together.

There was a slight awkwardness to the air, but it was easy enough for Fred to fix. After all, he was known for his dramatic flair and ability to make others laugh, it wasn't difficult for him to get the conversation going again. This time, he made sure to avoid watching her eat, noting how uncomfortable the whole ordeal seemed for her.

One problem at a time, he reminded himself silently, as he buttered a scone. He quickly launched into another story about the time he and George ended up dangling from the Astronomy Tower in nothing but their cloaks; a prime example of how seriously they both took bets and paying the price for them, which was of course a fact that Lee Jordan knew all too well.

"Mrs. Norris?" Lavender spluttered, eyes wide at yet another story that Fred came up with.

"The very same," Fred raised an eyebrow, as he glanced around for a second before leaning in closer. "We tried to use Granger's but that beast is on another level of insanity."

"And Mrs. Norris isn't?"

"Not when you've got the right incentive."

"Which is?"

Fred snorted stretching out his arms and interlacing his fingers as he leaned away, a smile being the only response he was willing to give in the moment. Lavender stared at him for a cool second, before shaking her head, an odd look in her eye.

"She once caught Pav and I trying to learn Wannabe in one of the dungeons. I think we scarred her," said Lavender after a small pause. "For the Spice  Girl's World tour, I mean," she added when there was no reaction. Glancing up, she couldn't help the small smile at the puzzled look on Fred's face. It seemed, for all his strange stories about all the craziness he and his brother had gotten up to, he was still uneducated in the areas that mattered the most.