• CHAPTER TEN •

»»» "YOU know this is basically Wizard-napping, because I can't actually go anywhere without you

»»» "YOU know this is basically Wizard-napping, because I can't actually go anywhere without you."

Lavender didn't bother turning to acknowledge his moans despite his extremely valid point. There were a couple of things she needed to test first before undergoing what looked like a doomed mission. She stared at the house in the middle, remembering all the memories, all of which were superseded by the banishment she faced.

"What are we even looking at?" asked Fred, but a small shift in the top window curtain caused his companion to panic. Taking the first logical action she could think of, she grabbed his arm and yanked him towards a nearby alleyway. Chest heaving, she closed her eyes and silently pleaded with herself to keep it together.

"Listen Lav, I'm flattered you know, but you gotta ask a guy out on a date before you pull him into dark alleyways for a quick snog," said Fred and even with her eyes shut, she could sense the smirk that accompanied his remark. It was true, the particular alleyway she had chosen was quite small, so much so that they could barely fit if they stood next to each other. But that had been the least of her concerns when she impulsively sought cover.

"I didn't -"

"I'm a modern old fashioned guy, love chivalry, but all for female empowerment. Which of course includes the fact that you will have to ask me if you want a piece of this," he continued not letting her speak. Frowning, Lavender opened her eyes giving him an incredulous look, but it did nothing to prevent his lofty smile from growing.

"I'm not going to-"

"Hey it's okay, I get it. It's not every day you find someone with beauty and brains, so I'll give you a moment to come up with your one-liner," said Fred, hushing Lavender every time she went to object. "Alright, hit me."

And though Lavender was extremely tempted to do so, a soft bang from the closing of a window made her jump. Nausea doubled as she tilted her head back against the wall with a small groan. How was she supposed to prep Fred to face her mother if being this close to the house made her so jumpy? Her face drained of colour as the thought crossed her mind.

"Are you alright?"

Glancing at Fred, she attempted a smile, but it quickly turned into a grimace. Wordlessly she shook her head and sank to the ground, before her weak knees forced her there.

Fred regarded the girl in front of him. Although previously all his jokes made her smile, this time, she was far too consumed with whatever was going on in her head to even react properly. He copied her actions, sitting opposite her and watching as she tapped her fingers incessantly against her thighs, eyes focused on the street.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

He waited, but got no response from her. Leaning forward, he placed his hands over hers, forcing her to stop fidgeting and meet his gaze.