[6]

[Wednesday July, 27th, 1988]

***

It's been a while since Michael made that claim about me being his. I avoided him at all costs in the club. Instead of being on stage where he could see me, I've only been accepting private dance requests. His possessive behavior frightened me to no end. Denise was suspicious with my demeanor after we got home that night but I assured her that it was nothing.

Michael has been sending letters to me, wanting me to come to his apartment. The last one wasn't him asking, it was him telling me that I'd better be at his house tonight or he'd come find me himself. This time, I abide by him and went to his place. I had to ask the babysitter to come in early since Denise had been gone all day.

"Michael?" I called out as I knocked on the door of his apartment. He opened the door in a T-shirt and slacks. His hair pulled back with a few strands hanging. He motioned for me to come in and I did so. He closed the door behind me and led me to the living room. I was astonished at how big and beautiful his place was.

"Why have you been avoiding me?" He questions angrily. "Answer me!" He slammed his fists on down on the table and I jumped at his sudden outbursts.

"I told you! I can't be with you Michael. Why won't you just let me be?" I said. I just wanted my life to go back to how it was before I met him.

"Because you're mine." He told me and I rolled my eyes. I was tired of him being possessive with me. "I'm nobodies!" I told him. He chuckles, which confused me since he seemed to have been angry before.

"Is that all you wanted me to come here for? You threatened me just to say that?" I said as I stood up, just about ready to leave. I shouldn't have been here in the first place. As I walked towards the door, Michael followed closely behind and soon ended up in front of me, blocking the door.

"Why won't you listen to me? I don't want to be caught up in whatever gang mess you have going on." I told him.

"I can separate you from that kitten. Just stay here with me." He said as he wrapped a arm around my waist, pulling me into his chest. I could smell his cologne on him and it smelled heavenly. "I want you Kirsten and I won't stop until I have you."

"Why me? Why do you want me? There's so many other women who'd want this." I said, not looking at him.

"Because I like you. Stay here with me and I'd tell you anything you want to know. Anything." He said. I looked him in his eyes and I could see that he was serious. I sighed, feeling like I'd regret this. "I'll stay." He smiled at my response.

Michael and I talked all night long. He laid his head in my lap as the two of us sat on the couch. He told me about his family and how he was next in line to take over the family business. I felt stupid for being oblivious to all this but I guess it's because I only stay home and take care of Raven.

The more I sat there and listened to him, I felt more comfortable. I was starting to become less scared of him. I could tell that he was letting his guard down with me and I liked that. Afterwards, I told him I had to leave and he insists that I stayed the night. I had to remind him that I had a child at home and he finally let me go.

I felt relieved as I left his place. I got all the answers I needed from him. He said he needed to meet Denise, just to make sure his suspicions was correct. I wasn't too fond with the thought but I knew how angry he could get if I went against him.

I made it home before Denise did and I was starting to worry about her. It wasn't like her to stay out as long as she did. I was afraid that something could have happened to her. After checking on a sleeping Raven, I took a shower and stayed up in the living room to wait on Denise. I tried to stay up as long as I wanted to but sleep soon consumed me.