[9]

[Saturday July, 23rd 1988]

I woke up feeling terrible. I had a migraine that felt like someone was beating me in the head with a bat. I slowly sat up in bed and looked around. Realizing this isn't my own bedroom, I started to panic. I threw the covers off of my body and stood up, which was a bad idea since my body felt weak. I sat back down on the bed and placed a hand on my forehead. I then remembered what happened last night

I was kidnapped

I was terrified after remembering last nights events. I stood up again, and this time I didn't have any problems. I left out of the room slowly, not to be heard by anyone. I tiptoed around the place and after seeing a couple paintings, I came to only one conclusion.

"M-Michael?" I said to myself. Michael is the one that kidnapped me? What the fuck is wrong with him? I walked around the place trying to find him and seen him laying on the couch. I walked over towards him and seen that he was asleep. I was raging at this point. I slapped him as hard as I could and he jolted awake.

"The fuck is your problem?" He yelled while holding his face.

"My problem? You did all that just to get me to come over here? Are you fucking insane?" I yelled back.

"What the fuck are you talking about huh?" He said as he grabbed both my arms and started shaking me.

"Y-You fucking kidnapped me! You took me off the street and—"

"Are you stupid? Why the fuck would I do that?" He asked. "The last thing I remember is being thrown in a van and I wake up in your place?"

"Yeah because I saved your ass from getting killed!" He exclaimed and my eyes widened.

"W-What?"

"Fucking bastards tried to take you away from me. Not on my watch." He said. "And guess what it cost them for messing with you? Their life. Their fucking life and it goes for anybody else."

"But why? Why would someone—"

"Their after me! They know I'm in town and I know exactly who told them...that bitch is dead when I catch her." He said then stormed away. I followed him up to his room, which was the room I woke up in.

"Who are you referring to?" I asked him. He didn't answer me as he moved around the room frantically trying to find something to wear. "Michael!"

"Your so called fucking friend Denise."

I was stunned. Even with the knowledge I have of her being related to someone in a gang, I would have never thought she'd engage in those type of things. I don't know what Michael has done to her but it must have been worse than I could expect. "What is going on with you two? Why won't you tell me?"

"Alright fine, I'll just tell you." He started. "I met Denise years ago when I came here on business. We had a little fling that could have been serious if I hadn't found out about her motives. She works for those bastards and almost got me killed once. She's the reason I haven't been in Chicago for so long."

"B-But She said..she said you fucked her over. Broke her heart." I said.

"Lies. All lies. I wouldn't believe nothing that comes out of her mouth." Michael said as he took off his shirt and replaced it with a muscle shirt and a button down.

"How'd you know I was in trouble." I asked, my voice low.

"I told you I have eyes everywhere Kirsten." He smirked then walked out of the room. I followed behind and tried to leave out the front door but he stopped me. "I need you to stay here." He said.