[8]

[Monday August 9th, 1988]

Last night, Michael tried to get me to spend the night at his place but for the hundredth time I had to remind him about the one year old I had at home. He could only groan in annoyance.

The whole time I was there, I wanted to ask about Denise. I wanted to know what he did to her. Denise told me it wasn't my business to know but if I'm going to be dealing with this man, it would be great to find out why this man had her so distraught. I kind of felt like a backstabber for dealing with Michael while knowing Denise has history with the man. The thought made me back off from him.

I have been avoiding Michael for a little while. I tried to stay away from the club as much as I could but James was starting to figure out my patterned and demand I come back in. He knew how much revenue I brought in and needed me the most.

I sat crisscrossed on the couch as I watched Raven play with her new toys. She seemed to be very happy with what Michael bought her. Yes Michael has been spoiling Raven ever since he found out about her. Most of the items he gave me, I sent them right back to him. I told him I didn't need him buying things for her, I had it under control. But of course, he didn't listen. Instead of fighting him on the issue, I continued to let him buy Raven things.

Taking me out of my thoughts was a knock on the door. I got up from my seat on the couch and went to answer. I checked the peephole and seen a man in a suit standing there. My eyes widened and I backed away from the door slowly.

"I know you're in there. I have something for you, from the boss." The man spoke. I sighed, not knowing what I should do. Instead of opening the door, I grabbed Raven and brought her to my room. I came back to the front and checked the peephole and seen that the man had left. I opened the door and noticed a envelope on the floor. I picked it up, looked around, then came back inside my apartment.

I sat the envelope down on the counter in the kitchen then went to check on Raven. Of course she was trying to climb out of the bed. I swiftly picked her up from behind and landed a kiss on her chubby cheeks. She swatted me away and I pouted. "It's like that huh?" I said while carrying her back into the living room. I let her get back to her toys while I went to open the envelope.

I need you to meet me at this address tonight. I have something I want to show you.

-Michael Jackson

The address wasn't close to my apartment or Michael's own. I wondered what did he need to show me so bad that he couldn't have just called. I decided on not going. I was still avoiding him and the only way I'd be up to seeing him is if he tells me the truth about Denise. I left the envelope on the counter then went back into the living room for some tv.

***

Opening the door to my apartment, I saw Simone standing there with her Sage. She walked past me and I closed the door, happy that she showed up. I haven't seen Simone since we met in the park and I needed to fill her in on a couple things.

"Look who's here Raven!" I said as Simone places Sage next to Raven on the floor. They didn't really pay each other no mind, just was happy to be around toys.

"How are you and Michael?" Simone said, wanting to get straight into it.

"It's complicated." I said as I guided her to the dining table. We both sat down, the girls not too far from our eyesight. "I haven't been speaking with him lately." I told her.