[12]

[Tuesday August 2nd, 1988]

This had to have been the first morning that I woke up with Michael next to me. My back was facing him and his arm was draped over my stomach. A smile spread across my face, feeling him near me. I slowly sat up, trying my best not to wake him. I moved his arm slowly then crawled out of bed. I looked back and he was still fast asleep. I sighed in relief then headed to the bathroom.

"Baby?" Michael called after I finished my business in the bathroom. I walked out and seen him sitting up and rubbing his eyes. He looked more adorable than ever. I sat down on the bed next to him and he pulled me closer to him.

"If I asked you to marry me, would you?" He asked and I laughed loudly.

"Come on Michael, we can't get married!" I exclaimed.

"Why not? We could get eloped."

"We are not getting married." I giggled. "Especially if your father hates me."

"His opinion shouldn't matter and he doesn't hate you. He just doesn't need another Denise right now." He explains and I nod.

"We still can't get married, especially at a time like this Michael. What are you thinking!"

"I'm thinking about spending the rest of my life with you." He told me.

All I could do was laugh at his silly thoughts. I couldn't marry him, I've only known him for such a short time. Who marries after a month? Not only that, but we barely just started dating. I knew Michael was crazy but I didn't know he was that crazy.

Michael and I got out of bed and went to start our day. I expressed to him that I wanted to visit Simone, seeing that owed her an apology. He granted my wish and I couldn't have been more happier. He helped me get Raven dressed and out the door. Once he dropped me off, he told me he couldn't stay because he had something important to do with his father and I knew that it had something to do with the Scorpions.

"What do you want?" Simone answers dryly as she opened the door.

"Could I possibly come in?" I asked and she rolled her eyes.

"If you're here to tell me about my family then no you can't."

"That's not what I'm here for." I said. She eyed me then moved to the side so I could come in. She led me into her huge kitchen and the two of us sat at the bar. I had Raven sitting in my lap and she squirmed around, wanting to stand on her own two feet.

"I didn't mean what I said on the phone yesterday." I started. "I shouldn't have thrown that back in your face when you were only trying to help.

"I understand your concern with me and I'm sure you understand my concern for you but Cameron and I are in a very good place. It's been months since he made his promise to me and he hasn't broken it since." She says.

"I'm sorry Simone, I just didn't like you judging Michael because of his lifestyle." I said. Having enough of Raven fighting me, I finally let her down. She smiled happily as she held onto my pants.

"Kirsten..you seriously want to stay? After you've almost been kidnapped because of him? After almost getting shot because of him?" She said.

"His whole existence is a danger to you and I can't bare to lose the only friend I have." She finishes. She gave me a sadden look and I couldn't help but feel bad for still being with Michael. I shouldn't feel bad because I want him just as much as he wants me but the way Simone is putting things..it's making me feel like it's too much to stay.