[10]

[Sunday July 24th, 1988]

I heard Michael opening the door to his condo and I turned around to see him carrying a bouquet of flowers. Red roses to be exact. I gushed as he brought them over to me. He leaned down and kissed my cheek then took Raven out of my hands, beginning to make faces at her while she smiled widely at him.

"These are so pretty." I said as I admired the flowers. I couldn't stop the smile that started to spread across my face. I couldn't see Michael as the romantic type but after his little gesture, my mind has changed. I've never been given flowers from any man I've dealt with.

"Just like you my love." He said as he lifted my chin so I could look at him. I blushed at his compliment. His hair was pulled back into a low bun, with a few curly strands hanging in the front. He wore a purple button down and slacks. He looked so hot when he wore button downs and most times I'd just want to tear it off him.

"Is there any new plans?" I asked him.

"That's confidential." He told me then sat next to me on the couch with Raven in his lap, playing with the buttons on his shirt.

"Really? You could tell me." I told him.

"I know, I was just messing around." He said. "For now, we have picked a select few to be recruited in the Scorpions gang so they could show us how to get in and out of their place. Tell us their plans and all."

"But what if they find out about the recruits being your own members and possibly kill them? Wouldn't that set a fire in them?" I asked.

"Yeah, it could but I'm confident in this plan. We need to know their every move so we could take them down." He said. "We've been having problems with them for years and it's time they get put down." He handed Raven back to be then stood up from the couch, leaving and disappearing down the hall. I watched him walk away, not knowing if I should follow him or not.

***

"Michael?" I called as I slowly walked inside the room. He was sitting at his desk, writing. I called for him again and he finally looked up from his work. He motioned for me to come closer and I did. He pulled me onto his lap and I wrapped my arms around his neck. "You've been locked away in this room for hours."

"I know. I just need things to go perfect. I can't mess anything up." He sighed as he rubbed his forehead. "If I fuck this up, I could lose you and I don't want that."

"It'll work out Michael, all you need to do is tweak the plans a little." I told him.

"Well, What needs to be changed?" He asked.

"For starters, you can't just send anybody over there to be recruited. I just don't trust that. What if they turn their backs on you? Or get caught?"

"It won't be like that. They know how things would turn out for them if they went against me." He shook his head.

"I understand where you're coming from but there are possibilities of this happening. I think you need to put some more thought into this." I said. I leaned down and kissed his cheek.

"This is why I want you by my side." He spoke lowly.

Michael and I sat at his desk trying to come up with a better plan. He told me he still wanted to have his people to make routes inside the Scorpions base. I wasn't going to fight him on that idea anymore. He felt that if he knew his way around, it would be easier to take down the Scorpion's leader. After awhile, I was getting tired. Michael noticed and he urged for me to go to bed. I didn't think twice when I climbed off his lap and went to bed.

***

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed. I sat up and looked around, seeing that Michael was nowhere in sight. I swung my legs over the bed then pushed myself up. I stretched then went to the bathroom. After finishing my morning routine, I left the room to check on Raven. I walked inside the spare bedroom but I didn't see my sister anywhere. I began to panic as I frantically sprint around the place looking for her. My thoughts were put at ease once I found her in Michael's arms as he fed her.

"Good morning baby." Michael spoke as he noticed me.

"Good morning." I said, trying to calm my breathing.

"What's wrong?" He asked with a raised brow. I knew he noticed my behavior. "Something bothering you?"

"No Michael, I was just..I was scared something happened to Raven when I didn't find her in the room is all." I explained.

"Nothing will happen to her Kirsten. Don't stress yourself out my love." Michael said. He was trying his best to assure me but deep down I still felt unsafe.

Michael has soon gone once again. He told me he needed to run his plans through his father before he could put it into action. Since I was left alone with Raven, I decided that maybe we should go out today. I know she's tired of being in the house and so am I. I got her dressed in a pretty onesie then dressed myself. Once the two of us was all packed and ready to go, I picked her up and walked out the door.

"Where are you going?" I froze as I seen Winston standing in front of the door.

"I.."

"You aren't allowed to leave until Michael says you can." He said then pushed me back inside.

"Michael doesn't control my life!" I shouted, becoming upset. I don't need someone to tell me where I can and can't go.

"I understand your concern miss but Michael feels that it's safer if you aren't in the sight of the Scorpions gang." Winston explained but I didn't want an explanation, I wanted out of here. I wanted a new scenery. I wanted to see Simone.

"I won't be long. I just wanna take Raven out for a play date." I said.

"It's too risky Ms. Kirsten. I can't allow it." Was all he said before he walked out the door and closed it. I huffed angrily before placing Raven down on the carpeted floor in the living room. She was happy to finally be let out of my arms and into her new toys. I went to find a phone so I could call Michael and ask him if I could leave the house. It sounds ridiculous to ask, I know.

"Michael!" I said after he picked up.

"What is it baby, I'm kinda busy." He whispered into the phone.

"I don't care! I wanna go out for some air and Winston won't even let me!"

"Good! I told you it's safer to stay inside! I don't need any disruptions while we sort out this stuff." Michael said.

"So I'm a disruption?"

"That's not what I'm saying Kirsten. I just don't want anything happening to you. Just stay put for awhile longer..just until I come home." He says.

"Fine Michael..I just wanted to get the baby out of the house for once and maybe have her play with Sage." I said sadly.

"I'll be home in a little while Kirsten. I have to go now." He said the quickly hung up. I hung the phone up as well then leaned against the wall. I don't like this new life that I have to come accustomed to. I wanted things to go back to the way it was, even if it meant me still being in the strip club. I liked it better when Denise and I was on good terms and taking care of Raven together. I miss being able to freely walk down the street without having someone try to kidnap me because of something so stupid.

I walked away and found myself back in the living room. Raven must of tired herself out because I found her laying on the floor asleep. I picked up her and brought her in the room and laid her on the bed. I placed pillows all around her so she wouldn't fall off the bed. I left the door wide open as I walked out.

I was starting to agree with Simone a little. She felt like Michael was trying to dictate my every move and now I'm starting to see it. I don't wanna be locked away in his condo until this shit dies down. Who will know when it'll be over? Michael kills this K character and then what? What will they do afterwards? Put me on another lockdown until they figure that part out?