Chapter 1: New York, New York

"Rosa! You have a phone call!" My mom yelled from the bottom of the stairs. I opened my eyes and let them adjust to the light shinning through my window. I grabbed a hoodie and through it on and walked downstairs while Rubbing my eyes.

"Who is it?" I ask with my morning voice.

"I don't know? They just asked for you." My mom said shrugging her shoulders. I liked confused and picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hi! Is this Rosa?"

"Yes?"

"Hi I'm calling you from Sony Headquarters."

"Oh my gosh. Hi!"

"So Simon Crowell and his team were researching for there new band they are putting together and they have seen your videos and want you to go to the meeting/audition ."

"No way! That would be amazing!"

"Great. So you will have to be in New York this weekend and we will email you the rest of the information. Good luck!"

"Thank you! Bye."

My mom looked at me impatiently waiting for me to tell her what happened.

"That was Sony Headquarters! They want me to be in a new group Simon Cowell is putting together!" I screamed jumping up and down.

"Oh my gosh! ROSA! Honey ! that's amazing!" My mom cheered as she jumped in joy with me.

Friday, March 13th
5:45 am

"Okay everything is in the car, i think we are ready to go to the airport." My mom said looking around the house for the last time. We headed to the airport and the whole car ride I was so nervous. This could really be the beginning on my career.

We got the the airport and went through check-in, security and now we are at our gate. After about an hour we boarded the plane and flew off the NYC.

1:30pm
We just landed and man I couldn't wait to get off this damn plane. We went to baggage claim and got our things.

"So? How are we getting to the hotel?" My mom asked confused.

"Well they said in the email that there should be a driver he-" I said reading the email off my phone until I seen a sign with my name on it. A big built man standing in front of me holding the sign.

"Are you Rosa?" He asked in a strong, bold voice.

"Yea." I Said quietly.

"Right this way." He smiled. I looked back at my mom with big eyes and we grabbed our suitcases and followed him out the airport. We walked a decent block or two which was a little sketchy. The man eventually stopped in front of a limo.

"I can take your bags." He said popping the truck up and grabbing our bags.

"Whoa...Wait this is our ride?" I asked shocked. The man nodded him head with no facial expression. I held in my scream and looked at my mom who was also excited.

"Omg! We are getting into a Limo!" I whispered cheered.

"I know!" My mom whispered back as she hopped in the back. The man dropped us off at our hotel and we checked in. It was a really nice hotel. We got to our room and there was a note on the bed. It had all the information for the meeting tomorrow.

"I can't believe this is happening!" I smiled as I looked out the window to the beautiful city.

"Honey, it's what you deserve. All the videos and song you posted online...they are finally seeing your hard work." My mom said rubbing my back.

5:00pm
We got settled in the hotel and we got pretty hungry so we headed down to the lobby. We walked around the city and tried to find a place to eat.

We found a place called, "Gramercy Tavern". We walked in and got seated to a table. We ordered our food and talked about the meeting and school. We finished eating and headed back to the hotel.

9:30pm
"Hey, mom I'm going to go fill up the ice bucket." I whispered as she was on the phone with work. I grabbed the key and the bucket and headed to the ice machine. I walked in the little room and filled up the bucket. I turned around keeping my eyes on the bucket as I tried to put the lid on until I felt a Body bump into mine.