Okay

Since it's Valentines Day, the shop was especially busy. Instead of baking the usual spread, Luke and I decided to make mostly decorated red velvet cakes and lacy, frosted sugar cookies. Though, we still had some of the basics dessert available. The only difference was that customers could pay extra for some fancy packaging. 

"My hand," Luke groans, clutching his hand that was used to pour out hearts into lattes all day. "I'm never going to pour another latte again."

"We sold out for the first time!" I clap in satisfaction after looking through the baskets for leftovers. 

"Thanks to me," Luke brags, wiping down the counter. 

"If I knew you were going to be this cocky, I wouldn't have hired you."

"I'm rightfully cocky," Luke defends. 

As much as I wanted to disagree, we did get a lot of regulars who come in hopes of getting asked out by Luke. All of them have failed to get his number though. 

"What do you think?" Luke asks, lifting his arms up. 

"Of your pit stains?" I raise a brow at the patches of sweat under his arms. 

"No, my biceps. I think kneading bread has been toning them."

"They're meh," I shrug. 

"You're meh," Luke retorts, dropping his arms back down to his side. 

The door rings as it opens. 

"Oh, sorry. We're sold out-" I look up from the table I'm wiping for a quick second. "Oh, Vivian!"

"You're sold out already? The sun is still up!"

"Valentines Day is busier than we expected," I explain. 

"How about a latte?" Luke offers, already starting the machine without Vivian's reply. 

"Sure," she agrees, walking behind the counter to watch Luke work. 

"I thought you were done pouring lattes?" I ask. 

"One more won't hurt," Luke replies.

"So, what do you and Vincent have planned for tonight?" Vivian wiggles her brows as she rests her arm against the counter. 

"I don't know. Eat dinner for sure. Maybe a movie. Probably sleep-"

"Boring!" Vivian boos. 

"Sounds lame," Luke agrees. 

"What are we supposed to do then?" I ask. 

"Go on a date. Like old times you know. Gotta keep them sparks even after marriage," Vivian says. "That's what Ally and Carson are doing."

"Don't they have a baby to watch?" Luke asks, starting to pour the steamed milk into the cup of espresso. 

"Olivia and Evelyn are babysitting."

"Here," Luke holds out the cup to Vivian. "Be careful, it's hot."

"That's the way it should be enjoyed," Vivian smiles, hastily taking the cup and bringing it to her lips. As she tilts it for a sip, she flinches, wincing. 

"I told you!" Luke immediately scolds. 

"I was careful!" Vivian argues, sticking out the scalded tip of her tongue. 

"Did you burn your lip too?" 

Vivian nods. Luke turns to open the ice chest we use for our cold drinks and picks up an ice cube with a napkin. He then turns back to Vivian and tilts her face up by moving her chin and gently presses the cube to her lips.