Kicking

"Let me take that," Luke says, rushing over to take the cloth from me. 

I get off of my toes and watch as he easily extends his arm up to the shelf I was trying to reach, swiping off the dust. 

"You should be careful," he warns me. 

"Of what? Dust?" I ask. 

"You're pregnant. Who knows? You could trip or something."

"Just cause I'm pregnant doesn't mean I'm not perfectly capable of doing things myself," I argue, trying to snatch back the cloth. Luke holds it up high so I can't reach.

"That's true, but you're also pretty clumsy," Olivia admits, taking a bite of her pain au chocolat. 

"Yeah. I wouldn't trust you to clean that shelf even when you weren't pregnant," Evelyn adds. 

"It must be nice to live like you," Ally sighs, jiggling a plastic ring of toys in front of tiny Bentley as she sips on her ice coffee. 

"What do you mean?" I ask. 

"You've got Vincent, who does all your house chores. Luke is a barista, baker, and cashier at your shop. Plus, you've got a multi-millionaire actor friend, who I'm sure is in love with you. To top it all off, you've got amazing friends to eat your leftover cookies," Ally winks. 

"Grayson's in love with you?" Olivia asks, slightly spraying flakes of pain au chocolat onto the table. Luke groans and goes over to wipe it. 

"He is. I can tell," Ally adamantly nods. 

"No, he-" I begin to argue, but Evelyn beats me to the punch. 

"No, he's dating that one actress. The one he's with in that new movie," Evelyn brings up.

"Oh! What's her name again?" Olivia ponders. 

"Isn't she super young though? Like fresh out of high school young?" Evelyn raises a brow. 

"Really?" I ask in surprise. 

"Why are you surprised? He didn't tell you?" Evelyn asks. 

"I mean, he doesn't have to tell me everything going on," I reply, trying to recall if Greg ever mentioned his new girlfriend.

"It doesn't matter because he's in love with Wendy. I know it," Ally insists. 

"You guys are making Wendy uncomfortable," Luke sighs as he glances over at me shifting in my seat. 

Bentley starts whining and squeezing his fists together. 

"Oh, he's hungry," Ally tells us, reaching into her bag. She pulls out a bottle of her milk and hands it to Luke. "Can you warm it up in the microwave. Just a bit. Not too hot."

"How long should I put it in?" he asks, holding the bottle in confusion. 

"Until its warm to the touch. Just spray some on your finger-"

"No, gross. I'm not touching your boob juice."

"Damn it, Luke. He's gonna start crying," Ally glares, picking Bentley up and rocking him in her arms.

"Don't you guys have jobs or something? Why are you always here?" Luke rolls his eyes as he makes his way into the kitchen. 

"What's up with him? Is his delayed teen angst finally kicking in?" Evelyn ponders, sipping her cappuccino. 

"He's probably uptight because he's always working," Ally suggests. 

"Doesn't he ever take a day off?" Olivia asks.