Chapter 2

Alysha:
I was doing my hair and dancing around the bathroom as I listened to Juicy by Doja Cat.

"Aaaye! I like this song!"

I jumped and turned around to see Aaron standing against the door frame.

"Damnit Aaron! You scared me!"

"Sorry." He laughed. "But maybe now you'll lock your damn door."

"I just forgot to lock it, it's no big deal."

He shook his head. "Anyway, where are you going? You look cute."

"Thanks, I have a casting call to go to soon

"Thanks, I have a casting call to go to soon."

"You want a ride? I'm about to leave for work."

"Yeah, please."

I looked myself over one more time before leaving out the bathroom.

I grabbed my purse and Aaron and I left out of my apartment.

We rode the elevator down to the lobby and as we were walking out, I saw Hawk with another guy that I had seen before. They both nodded at me and just watched as I walked out the building.

"Those guys seem to really have a thing for you." Aaron said as we walked to his car.

"Yeah, I guess."

"Do they still talk to you?"

"Yeah, well only Hawk, but he talks about nothing. Like he said he'll let me know who lives on the top floor and he'll take me up there but I gotta fuck him first."

"Just fuck him then."

I rolled my eyes. "No, 'cause what if he's bluffing and doesn't take me up there? Or he does and it's just some loner weirdo up there?"

"So what? You won't know til you try so I think you should do it."

"No..."

"You should- ooh wait. You won't do it 'cause of Elijah!"

Elijah was my kind of boyfriend. We were together for two years and he was pissed when I told him I was moving to New York. I told him I wanted him to come with me but he wanted to stay in Charolette. We never broke up but we haven't talked in over a week so I really didn't know the status of our relationship.

I shrugged. "Maybe."

"Sis you need to let him goooo! Just leave everything from your past, including him, in Charolette!"

"But him and I never broke up and I still have feelings for him."

"If I were you, I wouldn't even bother breaking up with his hard headed ass, you know he's just gonna throw a fit."

"Whatever."

Aaron dropped me off at the building where the casting call was and honestly, I didn't even feel like doing it anymore, I just wanted to talk to Eli.