Chapter 10

Alysha:
I walked down the hall and stopped when I saw Eli sitting on the couch with a 6-pack of beer next to him.

"Good morning." I said as I slid my shoes on. "When did you get back?"

He shrugged. "Like three am."

"Ooh okay."

"Where are you going?"

"A fitting for a show."

"Hm, okay."

"Why'd you say it like that?"

" 'Cause you been going to all these castings and shit but claim you don't have money."

"I don't get paid vast amounts of money for these shows Eli and even if I did it's my money! I don't mind helping you out a little but I am not going to take care of you! I'm not your mother!"

"I'm not asking you to take care of me! Just hold me down for a little while until I-"

"I have to go Eli." I grabbed my keys from the table. "Bye."

I left out the apartment and unintentionally slammed the door behind me.

I took an Uber to the address Rose had sent me and when I got there, I saw a line of girls waiting outside. Since I was already casted, I got to skip the line and join the other girls that were inside getting fitted.

A few of the girls there were familiar, I had remembered seeing them at castings for other shows or just at IMG.

"Hey you." I turned around and saw Jada standing there. "I'm glad you made it."

"Well I wouldn't be here without a reference that I'm assuming Abel had something to do with."

She laughed. "I mentioned to him how Alex was still looking for a few more models and here you are."

"I really appreciate it. Can I um...can I come see you guys later?"

"He left this morning but we can spend some time together if you want." She said with a smile. "We can have a girls night."

That actually didn't sound like a bad idea at all. Other than Aaron, I only had one friend in New York and she was always busy so we didn't get to hang out as much as I'd like.

"I'd like that."

"Great, come over around seven."

"Alright, sounds good."

A few hours later:
After finishing the test run, Jada, a few of the other girls and I went out to lunch together and hung out for a little bit before I decided to go home around five.

I walked into my apartment and saw Eli walking out of the kitchen.

"Hey."

"Hey." He responded with a slight smile. "How was your day?"

"Fine, I had fun. What'd you do today?"

"I went to an interview. I think it went well."

"That's good."