Chapter 5

Abel:
After performing for a few nights in Vegas, I flew back to New York excited to see Jada since she didn't come with me.

I walked into the lobby of my apartment building shielded by Lamar, Freddy, Hyghly and Manny with my sunglasses on and hood thrown over my head and drawn tightly just to make sure no one could see me.

We swiftly walked over to the private elevator that lead to my penthouse and got on.

I sighed as I took my hood and sunglasses off. "I need a smoke."

Lamar scoffed. "Nigga you just smoked in the car."

"That was a blunt, I need a Newport now."

The elevator doors finally opened in my penthouse and we all walked off. I walked down the hall and opened the door to Jada's room but she wasn't in there so I continued to my bedroom.

I went to one of my night stands to grab my pack of cigarettes but stopped when I saw the yellow envelope on my bed.

On the front of it, it read: "To the man in apartment 65."

I picked it up and tore the top off, revealing the pictures inside.

"God damn." I mumbled to myself as I shuffled through the pictures. "I need her..."

When I picked the envelope back up, a small folded piece of paper fell out of it.

I unfolded it and read the note she wrote me.

"Thanks for the gifts, but for future reference, my favorite color is purple. Good job getting the right size though. -The girl in apartment 1028"

I shook my head. "This girl is such a damn tease."

I grabbed my pack on Newports and just as I turned around, Jada walked in my room.

"I missed you daddy." She said as she wrapped her arms around me. "I was so bored without you."

"I missed you too baby girl."

"When am I gonna get my new friend?"

"I was just about to talk to you about her." I said as I sat on the bed and pulled her down to sit with me. "I
think I need your help."

"How?"

"I don't think she likes Hawk very much, so I want you to try and get her up here." I took one of the photos out the envelope and showed her. "This is her, her name is-"

"That's Ally." She said cutting me off. "I know her."

"You do?"

"Yeah, I saw her at a test shoot the other day and we talked for a little bit."

"Really?"

"Yeah, she was there with two dudes. One was her friend and she said the other one was her boyfriend."

"Ooh then this shouldn't be hard. I just want you to be her friend, don't even mention coning up here at first. Okay?"