Prologue.

On the waves of the sea

Prologue (1 year before the events of the story)

Peggy was walking down the streets of her hometown Morristown, New Jersey. It was a normal day for her. She had just came from the market to buy some fresh fruits for dessert later. She had worn a nice purple dress. Her hair was brown and was in a half ponytail. She had tan skin. She also wore a hat. Which was adorned with flowers. She is carrying a basket full of fruits and was strolling back to her home.

Their home was a house near the fields. Her brother would usually play there. If they were here. Her brothers have left their home and went away and became independent. She had two sisters Angelica and Elizabeth ( But called Eliza). She enjoyed the company of her sisters. They would always tease each other and laugh together. They were almost like triplets. Except they are not. Angelica was 2 years older than her and Eliza was one year older than her. People would call them the “Schuyler Sisters” because they were the daughters of the wealthy widower Philip Schuyler. Their mother died giving birth and the child died with his mother. Peggy had a hard time moving on. She was close with her mother. But after a few years she manage to carry on with life.

She arrived home at evening.Her basket full of fruits. She set them down on the table. So that the maids could get the fruits and start making dessert. She went upstairs as quickly as she can. She just realized now she went way past her curfew. She knew her father would sermon her. Her fears came true when she heard her father shouted. “Peggy! Come out here at once!”

Peggy went back down the stairs and saw her father. A man with a large outfit. Though he was skinny. He had pale skin and grey hair. He also carried a compass with him wherever he went. He was sitting down on a chair with a book in his hand. Peggy is scared he might throw the book at her. Their father had lost all his gentleness when he lost his wife. He practically went mad for a short period of time. But he was alot calmer after therapy. But therapy didn’t change his strictness. He suddenly grabbed her by the arm and said “Peggy. What did I tell you! I gave you a curfew. Then you disobeyed it!”. Peggy replied in a soft tone “ I am sorry Papa. I promise I won’t go past the curfew again”. “Fine. I guess I will excuse you this time. But if you break that promise. I will find the biggest book in this town and throw it at you! Mark. My. Words.” her father spat. “Yes Papa” Peggy said. “No dinner for you. Also go to bed early as punishment”.

He let go of Peggy’s arm and went back to reading. She decided to go to the fields. There she saw her sister Eliza riding on a horse. Eliza was not like any other woman. She didn’t like the girly stuff. She loved riding, Adventures, Fencing etc. Despite being a fierce woman. She was beautiful. She was practically the most beautiful Schuyler girl. She had creamy skin and straight black hair. She was wearing breeches that was overgrown by her own brothers and wore a white shirt. Everyone accepted her being fierce. Except for her father “ELIZA! GET DOWN FROM THAT HORSE NOW!”. Eliza replied “But why!?”. In turn. Their father replied “Do not question me young lady! Get down from that horse NOW!”.

Eliza got down from the horse and started walking towards her father. Her father also grabbed her by the arm. Like what he did to Peggy. But much harder. Their father shouted at the top of his lungs “How many times have I must tell you! DO NOT ACT LIKE A BOY!. To which Eliza replied “But papa. It is what I want to do. I don’t want to sit down knitting or something else. I want to be free. I don’t want spend my life being a housewife. I want to be an adventurer”. But their father wasn’t having any of it “But those are BOY things. Go to my room and we will “talk”. Eliza tried to reason “But Papa. I-“. “NO BUTS. GO. NOW!” Their father shouted.

Eliza went upstairs to her father’s room. Peggy was scared for Eliza. When papa means the “talk”. It actually means he will physically abuse you alot. She had faced that once. It was horrible. But Eliza’s was worser. He never really liked Eliza alot. He always sermon her alot even though she did nothing wrong. Which was unfair. Her father saw her. “What are you doing here Peggy!?. Go to your room!” he told her.

Peggy walked back to her room. Hoping he would lessen the abuse on Eliza. “Guess only papa will be eating dinner tonight”. She went to Angelica’s room rather than her’s. Angelica was always the favourite. Their father would always excuse her for every punishment they had. But it didn’t mean they loved Angelica less. She would always comfort them whenever father hurted them. She was more of a parent then their father was. She had brown skin and frizzy black hair and was a really admired person. She went in Angelica’s room and what she saw suprised her.

Angelica was packing her stuff in a suitcase. Rushing it as much as possible. It shocked Peggy. She stopped packing as soon as she saw Peggy. They both stared each other in silence. Until Peggy started speaking. “What are you doing?”. Angelica replied “Running away”. “What do you mean” running away”? Peggy said. “I must go Peggy. I cannot stand father anymore. I have found a man I truly love. We will elope and will run away to London and live rest of my life there.” Angelica confessed. But Peggy wasn’t taking the answer “No, you can’t. What about me!? What about Eliza!? We cannot handle the wrath of our father and YOU, the only person we can confide in, is running away”.”I am so sorry Peggy. But I had already said yes. I am sorry”.

As that was happening. Eliza entered the room. Her body bruised with so many injuries. “What is going on?”. Peggy said “Angelica is running away”. “Why!? Have you forgotten about me and Peggy?That we needed help!” Eliza reasoned. “I am sorry Eliza. But that’s the way it is. I will run away tonight and will never come back”. Angelica apologised. But Eliza spat back. “I can’t believe you!”.

However. Peggy stopped the soon-to-be fight. “Can we stop fighting? This is the last time we get to spend time with each other. At least for Angelica. Let us cherish it as much as possible”. “I am sorry to ruin the moment. But papa wants us to sleep now. If we don’t. We get punished again” Eliza replied. “At least one embrace?” Peggy asked.

“Yes. I will both miss you very much.” Angelica said.
The three sisters hugged each other one last time. Embracing each other as tight as possible. “I will miss you” said Peggy. “Good luck on you adventures” said Eliza. “I will miss both of you. Hopefully papa will treat you better” Angelica said.

They let go of each other. Tears in their eyes and Peggy and Eliza left Angelica’s room silently. Peggy went back to her room and changed into her nightgown and tucked herself in. She then heard horses neighing outside. She saw Angelica getting on top of the horse and went off into the night. Peggy watched gloomily as her sister departs their home.

(A.N.- I made Angelica leave because this story will be all about Peggy and Eliza. Don’t ask why)