Chapter Three.

It was late at night. Peggy was still awake. She could not fall asleep but she does not know why. She stood up from her bed and went out. “Hopefully I don’t get caught” she thought. She went out on the front deck and saw the beautiful stars twinkling at night. She was awed at the sight. It was not everyday she gets to see this in the place where she used to live.

She continued to stare at the stars. Until she realized she was not alone. “What are you doing out of the cells?” asked the person. She knew it was a man. She turned and saw the man. She recognized him as the pirate who tried to convince the Captain to not hurt her and her sister. This was the only time she saw what he looked like. Even though they had encountered once. She never really got a proper view of him. He had curly hair that was tied back with a hairtie. He had tan skin and wore a pirate’s usual outfit. But most importantly. His face was topped off with freckles.

“Can you answer my question please?” asked the pirate. “Oh. Ummm. One of your crew members let me and my sister out and placed us in proper bedrooms” Peggy said. “Oh. That is fine. I am sorry about what happened to you and your sister. It must be really painful” the pirate said kindly. He then moved next to Peggy. “It was” responded Peggy. “What is your name?” Peggy asked. “Laurens. John Laurens. You don’t need to tell me yours I already know your name is Margarita. But preferred to be called Peggy”.

It became an awkward silence. No one spoke. The only thing they could hear was the waves in the ocean. Peggy decided to strike up another conversation. “So. Who is your Captain?”. “Actually. We don’t know his name nor what he acts like as a person”. “But why?” Peggy asked. “We don’t know. No one knew what the Captain is like. We don’t know his past. What he acts like privately. All we know is what he looks like and sounds like” responded Laurens. “Can you tell me what he looks like? I never got a proper view” asked Peggy. “He has short hair. His skin is tanned a bit. He has brown eyes and always wore a Captain’s uniform”.

“So you really don’t know his name nor backstory?” asked Peggy. “No” responded Laurens. It was another awkward silence but shorter this time. Both of them realized now that they were started to get nearer to one another. They both looked away from each other and blushed a bit. Laurens started another conversation.

“Isn’t it beautiful. The stars” he told her. “Yes. They are very beautiful. I rarely get to see this from where I came from. But I used to live in a house with a view like this. But we moved because my sister ran away” Peggy told him. “Why did you moved when your sister ran away. It doesn’t make any sense to move when it is not needed” he asked “We moved because my father doesn’t want to remember her and that house always brought memories of her. Though I liked the house. The view of the sky was already perfect. But we had to move” Peggy said. “I always come here every night. It brings me peace and quiet for once. A pirate’s life is never that peaceful” Laurens said. “Oh. That is alright. People need their time for peace and quiet sometimes” said Peggy “Oh. I better get to sleep now. Good night Laurens”. Before she entered the hallway to her quarters. Laurens spoke up. “John. Call me John”. “Fine then. Good night John” Peggy said.

As she went back inside. She saw Eliza In the hallway. Smirking “Sooo. What happened with you and John?” Eliza said. “Oh. Um. Nothing. Absolutely nothing”. “Then why did I hear you both talking?” Eliza questioned. “Look. We were just talking. Nothing weird happened” Peggy responded. “Ok then. Let us go to sleep” Eliza said. “What were you planning to do anyway?” Peggy asked. “Doing the same thing as you did. Stare at the stars. But I guess what I really did was watch you guys” Eliza said. “Stalker” Peggy muttered. “Hey. I heard that”. “Fine. Let us go to sleep. Good night.” Peggy said. “Good night Pegs” said Eliza. They both went back to her bedrooms.

Peggy jumped on her bed. She was a bit happy over her conversation with John. “He is so handsome” Peggy thought “No. Snap out of it Peggy. You only talked to him tonight. You will probably change your opinion when you see his true colors”. She continued to think about John. Both negative and positive. Until she fell asleep smiling.

(A/N- Ok. Another chapter finished. Sorry if it is different. I want to make it unique such as Eliza being fierce. Peggy being more calmer. The Captain’s hair being shorter etc. I don’t want to follow the clichés everyone uses. I probably won’t update until next week. School is stressful and busy. But I hope you guys like the small amount of Jeggy. Hope you like this story. Love❤️, A random writer)