𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

⁂

          NIRVANA TAPPED HER FINGERS against her leg nervously, trying her hardest not to tug her hair out of its tight bun and tug on the roots. She was currently sat on in chair in Colonel Packard's office. She hadn't been in his office for what seems like forever, which was only really three months.

      "sorry what was that, sir?"

       Colonel Packard sighs, lacing his fingers together and placing them on top of his desk, "I asked you if you are well enough to go on this mission."

       Nirvana sat up straighter, nodding her head. "Of course, sir. I'm healed and dying to get back out there. It's been three months already."

       "Exactly, it's been three months." Packard raises his eyebrows, staring down the girl he's known since she arrived at the base four years ago. "All seriousness aside, Nirvana, are you ready to go back out there? What you went through was horrific, I won't blame you if you need to take time."

       Nirvana clenched her jaw, shaking her head softly to get rid of the memories of that horrific day. "I am fine, Preston. Just mild PTSD. I should be okay. Now, what's this mission,"

       Packard raises his eyebrows but sighs and shakes his head. "I want you to become a team commander again."

       Nirvana raises her eyebrows and leans forward. "I'm sorry, what?"

       "I want you, to become a team commander again. Your team misses you."

       She was taken aback, leaning back in her seat as she swallowed thickly. "Sir, are you sure you want me to retake that position? That accident was my fault, I called the wrong move. I led my team into danger-."

       Packard  cuts her off, seeing her anxiety starting to take over. "Cage, it was not your fault. It was a trap. No one could of prevented it."

       She sighs, glancing down at her hands, "I doubt my team would want me back as team commander."

      "Trust me they miss you. They miss you a lot." He reassures, leaning back into his chair. "Yes, we lost men, quite a lot, but these boys miss you and trust you. you were their leader for a long time." She kept quiet, bitting her lower lip. He sighs once more. "Look, at least lead this one mission. You are skilled in mostly everything, weaponry, flying, combat. You're the best I have, I need you."

       Nirvana clicks her tongue, shaking the bad thoughts out of her head and leaning forward, clearing all emotion off her face and becoming full professional mode. "what's the mission, sir."

short chapter but :)))

UPDATE : i unpublished this book again, (8/14/20) because i HATE my writing style. i hate how my young pre-teen mind decided "oh imma put my chapters in the middle" like a dumbass so imma fix them and try and edit some of my chapters as well because they be cringe af.

don't be a silent reader,
vote, comment, share

unedited