↳ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 ✗

⁂

         nirvana and the remaining of her team and her brothers team —who had no choice but to listen to her seeing as her brother is now dead— walked through the tall weeds. it was quiet as a mouse. no one spoke, no one even dared to breathe. everyone was clearly shaken up from the crash that killed team bravo, two of her men, her brother, and one of her brother's men. a total of six soldiers dead, leaving ten survivors.

         she led the group despite her state, her gun held tightly in her hands. when she heard the grass rustle a few feet away she halts, lifting up a closed fists signaling the group to stop. they stood there, guns raised and a finger hovering over the trigger.

          when a small hand grenade gets tossed towards them, her eyes widening. "grenade!" immediately everyone springs into action. a soldier on her brother's team grabs onto nirvana, throwing the two on the ground further away and covering his body with hers. the grenade goes off, killing two unlucky men including the soldier who saved nirvana.

         she cries out from the force of the explosion, a knife lodged in her upper thigh causing blood to pool out of the wound. she struggles to push the dead soldier off of her, sitting up to look for her team.

        and just like that, they were surrounded, guns pointing at them forcing them to surrender and taken as hostages.

         Slivko places a hand on Nirvana's upper back causing her to snap out of it. "You good?"

         "I'm fine." Nirvana brushes him off, clenching her jaw and dropping James' hand, pushing forward and leading the group into the tall weeds. "Let's move."

          It was quiet as they walked through the tall weeds, Nirvana slightly cowered down as she held the gun up high, her finger hovering over the trigger. She was prepared if anything were to hit them. James' notices her tensed state, therefore he moves next to her and places a hand on the barrel of her gun, her eyes snapping to hers.

         James gave her a look as if he said 'let me take over', and she complied. She allowed James to lower her gun and take off, but that didn't stop her finger from hovering over the trigger. As James was leading the group, her free hand wraps around the back of his tight blue shirt.

       Nirvana let out a sigh of relief when they finally made it out of the weeds and into a clearing. James continued to lead the group, Nirvana moving besides him and lacing their fingers together for comfort. She slightly wished she had her duffle bag so she could change into a tank top instead of wearing her usual black shirt due to the humid air, but it was thrown out when the helicopter crashed. She already shrugged off her jacket and gave it to Mason, who slipped it into her bag, but it wasnt enough.