↳ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚘 ✗

⁂

"HELLO AND WELCOME. I am Lansat field supervisor, Victor Nieves." The man 'Nieves' introduced himself, standing in front of a projector. He motions to a man Nirvana faintly remembers coming across the man when she was walking up the staircase. "This is my collegue, Steve Woodward, our date wrangler. Our expedition takes us to a place... every nautical trade rout nkown to man has avoided for centuries." The image flashes to show a map of an island, Nirvana furrowing her eyebrows and tilting her head at the sight of the island, that slightly resembles a skull. "As our satellite shows... the island is perpetual storm system. Allowing it toremain hidden from the outside world."

Nirvana leans into Joel, her voice in a whisper as she spoke, "There's a reason why it's hidden." Her voice was so low Joel barely heard it, but he hums gently in reply, struggling to stay awake along with the other soldiers.

Currently, a group of scientists were seated in rows of chairs on one side with a group of army men, along with Nirvana, sat on the other side of the projector, mostly everyone bored out of their minds at what Nieves was rambling on about.

Nieves, not hearing the girl who sat in the second row next to Colonel Packard, continues on; "But with Colonel Packard's helicopter transport, we will be the first to break through the other side. We, are also pleased to be joined for the first time by the resource exploration team... led by Mr. Randa and the company biologist Ms. San, and geologist Mr. Brooks. Our focus will be on the island surface. There is, what lies beneath." He turns to Brooks. "Mr. Brooks."

"Simple really." Brooks makes his way up towards the project, his hands clasped behind his back. "We are using explosives to shake the Earth and create vibrations.. helping us map the subsurface of the island." Once he was in front of the projector, he pulls out one of those pointer sticks and pointing at the projector that held a picture of the island. "We will fly over the south shore and then strategically drop seismic chargers that will help us understand the density of the earth?"

"You're dropping bombs?" Nirvana's head turns to the man behind the British voice that filled the air, her eyes landing on the man she saw early. He was leaning against the wall, his arms crossed causing his muscles to flex through his black long sleeve shirt, which was rolled up to his elbows.

Feeling eyes on him once more, he immedaitely found the source. Noticing the small smirk on the girl's lips once more before she turned away first, returning her attention to Brooks and the projector.

Brooks shakes his head gently, a small smile on his lips. "Scientific instrunments."

Slivko laughs, barely leaning his head back to see the other boys. "Do you hear that, boys? We are scientists, now." The boys laugh, some placing their hands his shoulders and shaking him gently.