↳ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛 ✗

⁂

NIRVANA QUIETLY CLOSED THE door behind her, flickering on the small dim light. She tiredly dragged her body to her bed, completely unaware of the figure sitting on the other bed. She kicks off her boots, opening up her duffle bag.

"Where were you?"

She jumps, whipping out her handgun and pointing it at the man behind her. She scoffs, lowering it and slipping it under her pillow. "What are you doing in here, Reg."

Slivko hops off the bed he was sitting on and walks towards Nirvana, sitting on the edge of her bed. "Well, I was looking for you with Joel but couldn't find you so I figured you were either with that Captain guy or sleeping, but when I came here you weren't here, so I figured you were with him."

She raises an eyebrow, unbuckling the belt wrapped around her waist and pushing down her pants, kicking them off once they reached her ankles. "What makes you think I was with Conrad?"

Slivko shrugs, fiddling with his fingers. "You're acting like I havent seen you two staring at each other all night."

"We haven't been staring at each other, Reg."

"Yes you guys have."

"Whatever." She slips on some black sweats, glancing up at Slivko to see him staring at the wall at the other side of the room with a dazed look in his eyes. "Are you okay? What's the real reason you're here, Reggie."

Slivko snaps out of it, making eye contact with Nirvana. "I couldn't sleep."

Nirvana sighs, glancing down at the white t-shirt in her hands. "You havent been sleeping right since that day, have you?"

"Yeah." He frowns.

She bites her lower lip, shrugging her black shirt off and tossing it on the concrete floor. "You're taking the left side."

Slivko nods his head, slipping off his shoes and shirt, crawling to the other side of the bed. For the past year, the two would share a bed or cot or whatever they were sleeping on for comfort, the two suffering from slight anxiety which caused them to have trouble sleeping. Nirvana remembers offering to sleep with Slivko until he fell asleep one night during the Vietenam War, which he gladly accepted, and since then, when the other couldn't sleep, they'll sleep with each other for comfort. And then after what happened that one night, Nirvana's and Slivko's anxiety got worse. So when she left, both of them slowly lost the ability to sleep perfectly for eight hours.