Chapter 2: Back to High School

Hi! Hope you enjoy...

The plane landed at exactly 5am. We both were exhausted from lack of sleep. We followed the directions enclosed in the folder and by 6 we were sound asleep in our apartment.

Yes an apartment. We may be rich but we can't blend in if we live in a massive house. I mean who isn't gonna be suspicious of two teenagers owning a house most people could never afford?

I was awoken for the third time in 24 hours by my phone ringing. Uhh... Why did we have to go to school already.

The school started at 8 and, if we were gonna get away with pretending to be nerds, we couldn't be late.

I woke Lily up and we began to get ready for school. By the time we were finished we looked nothing like us.

My usually waved hair was strait and my eyes were obscured by thick rounded glasses

My usually waved hair was strait and my eyes were obscured by thick rounded glasses. I wore baggy clothes and didn't wear much make up. To top it all off, I had put in false braces. I didn't really look bad but I didn't stand out as much as I usually did.

Once we were both ready we hopped onto our respective motorbikes. I never went on a mission without mine and Lily had picked up the same routine. We would have to park further away so no-one would see them, but it was worth it.

After the ten minutes ride to school we found a good place to park and walked the last little bit.

We arrived at school at 7:40 so we had 20 minutes to spare. We headed straight to reception and waited for the lady on the desk to get off her call.

The woman was pleasant, with brown hair done up in a air-hostess bun. She had red glasses but a kind smile with white, straight teeth.

"Good morning girls!" She beamed as if it wasn't 7:40 in the morning. "What can I do for you today?"

"We're the new students." Lily answered, knowing it was bad to let me open my mouth this early in the morning - especially with the amount of sleep I had had!

"Ah yes. Lily and Eliza. We've been expecting you!" She answered still so annoyingly happy. "You're lockers are in the drama corridor. The school rota works on a fortnightly basis."

She drivelled out some useless crap I'm sure I would never actually need and I completely tuned out. We wouldn't actually need that information ever. We had already passed our exams and we're just here to stop Hayden from causing any more damage. We may seem to be a completely illegal, terrible company but we never do anything 'morally illegal'. Unfortunately, not allowing children to complete their education classified as such. And so I couldn't become a moral assassin until I passed my exams. At first the whole 'grey zone' feel to the company was confusing. I mean, I didn't want to become a contracted killer, but bad people I would kill for good prices.

We reached our lockers after following the instructions from the receptionist. I had locker 314 and Lily had 315. I didn't even bother looking at my timetable. It's not like I could change it without drawing suspicion.

"We better find Hayden." I said. "The faster we meet him the faster we can get him alone and get rid of him."

"Sure. I don't wanna be here a minute more than necessary so sounds like a plan. We could start by...". Lily got cut off half way through her statement by a guy strutting up the corridor and yelling at us in what I guess was supposed to be an intimidating way.

"Get off my locker you pathetic little nerds before I pull your bloody big brains out!"

The guy, I soon realised, looked identical to the pictures I had seen in Hayden's file but he looked a whole lot better in person. But that comment. Just no! Maybe that worked on other people but not me.

"You don't need to take our brains just 'cause you don't have one yourself. Didn't your mother ever to tell you it was rude to steal, even if it is for compensation for you obvious lack of anything of value." I stated, completely bored by the whole situation.

I wanted someone bad. Evil. Someone I could kill and feel no remorse. I wanted someone strong and difficult to get to. A challenge would have been nice. Instead I got a hot-headed teenager who sells drugs to children because he likes designer labels. My day was just getting better and better.

"Yeah. She taught me not to steal. Right after she taught me to take what I want from life. Bit of a hypocrite if you ask me." He replied, slightly fazed by my previous response.

"So you are over compensating? And your Mumma had brains! Really, did someone drop you on your head when you were a baby? That how you lost you inherited smartness and how you messed up your face?" I carried on before he could even reply. "Were they just really clumsy and chopped your dick off too. That would make sense seeing the whole compensation issue."

I turned to Lily who just held a look that said 'Play it cool. We are supposed to blend in!'. But I knew she didn't mean it cause if I wasn't already doing that, he would have had lost consciousness and at least the ability to use two of his senses by now.

"Let's go. We 'bloody big brained nerds' don't want to be late to class on our first day." I said.

And with that we marched off, pushing through the murmuring crowd that had gathered around us.

Well I guess I had just ruined the 'blend in' part of our plan but Hayden really managed to get on my nerves. He wouldn't be on them long though. Soon he wouldn't even be breathing.

Well there you have it. You have officially met Hayden. What are your initial thoughts of him?

Where do you want the story to go?

Do you like my writing?

The next chapter really goes into detail about their day at the school so I hope you are looking forward to that.

As always please give me tips as to what can help me become better at writing. Everything written, with the intention of helping me, no matter how harsh, is welcomed and appreciated.

Please comment, vote and encourage others to read.

Well I'm looking forward to the next bit already. See you next chapter...