Chapter 7: Traitor in our Midst

I'm so sorry about I haven't updated in ages. I'm gonna try and update regularly now. Hope you enjoy...

Eliza's POV

The rest of the week went fairly smoothly. Lily and I didn't go to school on Wednesday as we were supposed to have a 'beginning of term' test. And Hayden and Cody weren't in on Thursday as they had some 'business' to attend to. Owen came in though and him and Lily spent all day flirting.

I never had felt like a third wheel before but I did on that day. Their constant compliments to each other, useless giggling for no apparent reason and tiny touches made me sick to the stomach. I was almost looking forward to Cody and Hayden being back on Friday.

I must admit though I was beginning to like Owen. He was so funny and always kind to Lily. He was such a gentlemen too. Just what Lily deserved. Maybe we wouldn't have to kill him? Just Hayden?

Lily and I walked into school from parking our bikes earlier than usual and, seeing the time, we decided to stop and talk for a bit.

"Hey, what do you think you will wear for the party tonight?" Lily asked looking at the whisps of cloud above our heads.

"I don't know. I mean, the way you and Owen are going I might not even need to try with Hayden. We could just go out as a group and kill him then." I suggested.

"What! Me and Owen we're..." Lily tried to protest, stopping as she saw my pointed stare. "Okay. So I suggest going round to Owen's Saturday. He lives in an apartment with Hayden and Cody. We shoot Hayden then leave."

"Seems like a plan! Come on we don't want to be late for school." I murmured, thoughtlessly kicking at stones on the pavement.

We arrived in our first class just as the bell rang and took our seats at the back. The seats next to us had been left open as everyone now knew that is where the boys would sit.

They lazily walked into the room twenty minutes late and took their place next to us. As expected the teacher continued, seemingly oblivious to the boy's state.

You see, Cody and Hayden both looked a mess. I mean they still looked good. I doubt any of them could ever really look bad, but they had raw knuckles, bruises over there faces and small scars. Cody was even limping slightly, as if something was wrong with his left leg.

"Someone's been in the wars!" I mocked, half-heartedly.

"That's what happens when you have to f***ing kill forty whores who think it's okay to steal from us." Hayden spat, wincing as he sat down.

I lifted an eyebrow, signalling for him to continue.

"We have a traitor. We don't know who did it but one of my warehouses had been turned into a base for another gang - inside mine. Someone from inside is trying to take over." Hayden continued.

Something must of clicked in Lily's head because we turned to me sharply, her eyes wide.

"It's anonymous!" She almost yelled. "Sorry" She followed to the class who stared at her after her outburst.

It took me a second to connect the dots but soon it all made sense.

"Of course!" I said, trying to stay quieter.

The boys looked at us like we were mad.

I stood up abruptly and signalled for them to follow me out of the classroom.

Once I had found a unused corridor I turned to the boy's ready to explain.

"Wait. Are you sure you want to tell them?" Lily asked.

"Look Lily. We do what is right for the people in general. What good is killing him if someone else just takes his place? They could be just as bad or worse!" I explained but clearly not well enough for the boys to catch on.

"Can you just tell us what is going on!" Hayden bellowed, scaring all four of us.

"Look, someone hired us to kill you, right?" Lily began waiting for them to nod.

"Well they didn't specify who they were. Normally we don't let that slide - we are grey zone, as you know" I continued.

"But the money, well, we didn't ask questions. You were undoubtedly a bad guy. No offence." Lily said.

"The person, we think, was in your gang and wants to kill you so they can take over" I finished.

All three boys were silent for several seconds. I waited for their response, anxiously.

Had we done the right thing in telling them? I kept telling myself that I said it because I didn't want someone else inheriting this massive drug company but maybe I was just lying to myself. I could see a future for Owen and Lily and I didn't want to destroy that. And the way Hayden has killed those men, even though they only threatened me and Lily had me thinking he wasn't that bad at all. Aaahhh!!! Why was I thinking like this! They led a drug company! They killed without mercy! They gave drugs to children! CHILDREN!!!

Thankfully, I was saved from my thoughts by Hayden, who had by now seemed to have collected himself fully.

"Okay here is the deal. Tell your manager, whoever they might be, that if you kill me someone, possibly someone worse, takes my place. Don't kill me and instead help me find out who this idiot is." He said, barely stopping to take a breath.

"Why would we do that? Yeah we help find the 'idiot' but then we kill you." Lily reasoned, shrugging her shoulders.

"Cause Cody will take my place. Kill him, Owen. Kill him..."

"Okay, okay we get the idea."

"Also" Hayden continued "I'll double the the initial offer."

"No." I stated, firmly. "We're not after the money. We want to do what's right. Helping a man who gives drugs to children isn't right!"

"Fine!" He conceded "I'll create a 'minimum age'. I won't give anything that can cause serious damage to anyone under 13."

Lily and I shared a look.

"Deal" We concluded, together.

"See ya at the party!" I shouted over my shoulder, as we turned and walked away.

Well, there you have it! I'll update as regularly I can.

Who do you think the traitor is? Do you think I've introduced them yet?

What are you thinking of Lowen?

Remember the vote and comment. See you next chapter...