Epilogue: Fairytale

Hope you enjoy this! It's the last chapter on this story. I hope you have enjoyed it...

Eliza's POV

Time Skip from last chapter - Graduation 🎓!!!

What a year!

Who knew just a few months ago that I would end up going to high school, making a new best friend for life, give up life at the agency and find Hayden, whatever he is to me?

A lot had happened since Cody's death. For a start, Hayden had completely turned around his drug organisation. He no longer sold to children and set all kinds of limits, ensuring people only used the substances for one-off fun. Since the changes, he had helped Owen, and many other serious consumers of his drugs, learn to use it in a way which didn't harm them or others. I still didn't agree with what he did, but his supply was estimated to run out next October and we had agreed not to buy anymore.

Lily and Owen had finally gotten together and were doing the things normal couples do. All though both were unsure at first, I knew they both loved each other from the start.

Our little group hadn't stayed quite so isolated and we had actually managed to acquire a few friends in our year. Even Kitty, Candi and Honey have begun to hate us less and we had actually managed to have a total of three conversations without any insults being thrown.

All this explained why I was currently sitting patiently in the sports hall at our school, surrounded by my class mates. I had made it to graduation.

Lily, Owen, Hayden and I sat together in a line, waiting for our names to be called.

Hayden was called up first and handed his diploma. He exited the other side of the mini stage, still showing his usual smirk to the crowd gathered. He may of changed a lot but I knew that never would. Our eyes connected for a few seconds as he took his seat and he smiled at me.

We must have been staring at each other for quite a while, because the next thing I knew "Owen King" was being called up onto the platform. He winked at Lily before going up and receiving his diploma in much the same way Hayden had.

Lily and I sat together for ages watching as some of our other friends went up to shake the principle's hand.

When she was called, she walked up calmly and copied the boy's actions and I couldn't help but notice how much she had changed in the course of this year.

Our surnames being close to together alphabetically, I didn't have to wait long before I was called up on the stage. I had developed a bit of a 'bad girl' status so as I received my handshake I said to the principal "At least I won't be causing any more trouble for you!"

Mr. Thompson smiled and laughed a bit. With all the time I had spent in his office we had talked quite a lot and surprisingly got on well. "That you won't Miss. Smith, but you shall be missed. Congratulations!"

Once the ceremony was over we all slid into one of Hayden's larger cars and sped off to grab something to eat.

We tried to find somewhere nice, but due to our growing hunger, found ourselves walking into McDonald's anyway.

After ordering, we sat down at a table, chattering noisily.

"Well this has been the best years of my high school life. Actually, my whole life, so thanks." Lily said smiling.

"Ahh! Enough with the soppy stuff! I just want to eat!" Owen said, causing us all to laugh.

Later that evening, Hayden and I were in his kitchen taking about nothing in particular. Lily and Owen were out on a date so we were at home, doing nothing.

Now, I know the question most people (don't worry if you're that one person who hasn't) have been asking. What happened with me and Hayden?

Well, we eventually got over ourselves and agreed to go on a date. It was perfect and not long after Hayden asked me to be his girlfriend. We were really happy.

I'm not gonna lie and say we were gonna live our whole lives together, get married and have kids. We were just going with the flow. I know, not much of a fairytale ending but I had come to learn that life wasn't a fairytale. Not everything was sunshine and rainbows. There was darkness in the world. But I had come to learn that living in constant fear of the dark, such immense terror you forgot about the light shining on you, wasn't much of a life.

So that's what Lily, Owen, Hayden and I were going to do.

I can't tell you if we'll get our 'Happily Ever After' but I know one thing for sure: I'm so glad I went to Kill Mr. Bad Boy.

The End! 😭😭😭

I honestly don't know what to say. This has been a massive thing for me and I can't even begin to say how much every read, comment and vote had meant to me.

I hope you have enjoyed my story! I will honestly miss it so much!

Goodbye for now...