Chapter 11: Deadly Serious

This is kinda two mini chapters merged into one but they are too short to do individually. Hope you enjoy though!

Eliza's POV

We had a plan. And for the first time ever, I actually liked it. I never liked plans. Whatever crazy, unlikely eventualities you factor in you always miss something and are forced to end up improvising.

But this plan, this plan was different, because we only had to do one thing. One thing that would be surprisingly easy.

Hayden was gonna die.

No! Don't worry! He wasn't actually gonna die. We were going to fake his death. Only the six of us were to know he wasn't actually dead. The six of us being Lily, Owen, Cody, Hayden, Ash and, of course, me.

The plan was, once everyone believed Hayden was dead, whoever was trying to take over the business would hopefully try to do so and we would be able to kill them. In return, Hayden would create a minimum age for class A drugs and we would never have to hear from him again. Simple.

We were gonna 'kill' Hayden on Monday. We were gonna shoot a gun into the air outside our school. Hayden would then scream out to grab people's attention but get into his car before anyone sees him. Then we were gonna push his car off the bridge into the water, but obviously after he had gotten out. People would assume, once Hayden hadn't been seen around for a few days, and after his car had been found, that he was dead.

Then 'hey presto' we had done it. Hayden was 'dead'.

We had told Ash, as we all agreed it was cruel to put her through the pain of thinking her brother was dead. And Cody and Owen had to know because, not only were they in the gang, the most likely to be able to find the traitor and Hayden's best friends, but they could also fake grieving for Hayden, so more people would believe he was dead.

By the end of Sunday night we were ready to put our plan into action.

Time Skip: Monday Morning

"Let's do this!" I shouted to Lily, as we walked out the door and hopped into our car.

"I can't believe we are actually doing this. Oh My God! Mr Black's gonna kill us!" Lily shrieked, rivalling 'Queen-Bee's' pitch when talking about Hayden.

"I know right!" I said, laughing. We weren't actually worried. Mr Black would understand why we did the things we did. He would understand that we tried to do what was best for everyone.

"Hey, Lily?" I asked, suddenly wondering "we haven't heard anything from 'Queen-Bee' since, well, ages. Do you think she's planning something?"

"I don't know, but she will be if she thinks we killed Hayden." She replied.

"Yeah! You're right!" I laughed, slightly nervous for the day ahead.

The morning flew by and before we knew it we were sat at our usual lunch table grabbing a quick snack before our performance.

But, unfortunately, as I often was, I was not wrong for being suspicious of 'Queen-Bee' as she and her two minions strutted, clumsily towards Lily and I.

"Go!" I said to Lily. "You and Hayden need to be seen on the field together before the end of lunch. I don't need to do anything until later!"

Lily nodded her head briefly before running off.

"Hi Eliza!" Queen-Bee squealed, flashing me a completely false smile.

"What is it Que.." I began, before realising I couldn't very well call her our usual nickname and that I didn't actually know her real name. "Wait, what's your name again?"

"My name is Kitty, this is Candi and this is Honey." She beamed, as if being named like strippers was a good thing.

I couldn't help snort at their names. I mean, who were their parents? I wouldn't name my kid any if those for a million dollars!

"Sorry, what?" I asked, begging myself to stop laughing. "Kitty, Candi and Honey?!?"

"Is there a problem?" The one called Candi asked.

"No!" I said, far too quickly to be believable. "But if you don't mind I have somewhere I need to be."

"We do mind actually." Honey said.

Just then the bell for fifth period rang, signalling the end of lunch and the time I was supposed to have left by. I was meant to be on my way to the bridge where we were gonna push the car into the river. Cody and Owen couldn't do it as they had to stay in class, ensuring they had solid alibis and therefore weren't questioned about Hayden's disappearance.

"Look, that's the bell, we all have to go!" I tried to reason.

"This won't take long." Candi said.

"Okay, spill." I said, impatient to get away.

"Just stay away from Hayden! He's mine." Kitty said. "MY party was supposed to be MY chance to show him how right we are for each other but instead I can't find him. And then I see him jumping off the roof with YOU."

"Okay. Well I'm not interested anyway." I said running off.

I had just gotten into my car when the gun went off and I heard Hayden scream. I put my pedal to the floor and sped off. I had to be gone before people began to come out, looking for where the shot came from.

I reached the bank by the bridge where Hayden and I had agreed to meet. No sooner had I got out the car, when Hayden appeared, smiling widely.

"It went perfectly. Lily and I are both fine. Now we just need to get rid of this thing." He said, tapping the car with his hand.

"Blood." I said, passing him a bag of his blood we had taken earlier. He was supposed to be shot. No one would believe it if there weren't blood stains.

We dumped the blood and pushed the car to the edge of the bank.

"On three." Hayden muttered. "One, two, three!"

And we pushed the car into the water...

Hope you are enjoying the story. Sorry for not updating sooner. I've been really busy!

What do you think of their grand plan?

Do you think it is gonna work?

Who do you think the traitor is?

Thank you all so much for reading. Please vote and comment. See you next chapter...