Chapter 14: This Is The End (Part One)

Eliza's POV

Exactly how I found myself in Mr. Black's office back in New York, I still am not quite sure, but, nonetheless, there I was.

Exactly why I was telling him all about the events of the last few days, however, of that I was certain.

After many tiresome hours of arguments and small scale wars, Lily, Hayden, Owen and I had managed to formulate some sort of plan, that, with any luck, would help us end this mission once and for all.

I'd just finished the story of our time away when Mr. Black finally spoke. I wasn't certain what he was going to say and all the way from LA, I had been running though different scenarios in my mind. None f those, however could possibly have prepared me for what he then said.

"Eliza." He began, making me sit up in my chair even more that previously "I am angry, don't get me wrong. You took your orders from us and blatantly ignored them. In fact you did the exact opposite of what we had asked you to do; and yet, I don't think I've ever been more proud of you girls."

Now it was my turn to be stunned. I sat, my jaw slack and my eyes wide before a confused but pleased smile flickered over my face.

"You took the situation you were handed and tried your best to do what is right for people all around the world. You used initiative, showed maturity and navigated around an impossible situation with a grace and determination to do what is right for human kind. You used qualities I didn't know you had, that I wasn't even sure you would ever possess, given what has befallen you both in the past. So yes, I'll track the anonymous source because I think it's what's best for everyone. But I can't promise the rest of the organisation will agree with me. I'm not sure if you will be allowed on jobs for a while. So stay there. Finish the final year you never got. Enjoy being young because, trust me, it won't come again."

I felt tears threaten to fall from my eyes. Mr. Black was like a father to me, ever since I lost my real dad. Making him proud and doing what was right were the only things I had ever really wanted. And I knew then that I had finally achieved that.

It didn't matter anymore what Hayden and Cody did to survive. I knew, as did Lily, that all that mattered was what we did now. And I intended for us all to do the right thing from now on.

I hopped back on a plane to LA, after thanking Mr. Black for everything he had done. I didn't know when I would next see him but I knew he would keep an eye out for me until then.

Back in LA, I headed to the beach. We had rented a house near the sea, telling Cody that we all needed a get away, and we hoped that in our absence the traitor would arise. It all sounded rather lame when you analysed it, but Cody bought it and that's all we needed.

We intended to act once we had traced the source and Mr. Black promised he would send me the information.

Our time at the beach house was actually really nice and we were soon sitting out side in the sun, waiting. Lily had insisted that I put on a pathetic, skimpy bikini and I knew better than to argue with her.

I tried arguing that if I had to wear one so did she

"I already have my man. Go get yours!" she squealed in reply.

And so I found myself sitting on a sun-bed, awaiting that all important text.

"Hey, 'Liza?" Hayden said from the bed next to me. "You look..." he trailed off, unsure. Like he had used all his courage starting the sentence and he didn't have enough to finish it. "Good. I mean the swimsuit umm..."

"Thanks." I said quickly, trying to save both of us from further embarrassment.

I saw both Lily and Owen had sat up suddenly and were smirking intently at me.

Rolling my eyes, I turned away from them picking up my phone and I wriggled around on my towel to get comfortable

No sooner had I done so, when my phone beeped loudly, signalling I had a text and all of us, obviously excluding Cody, sat up suddenly.

I tentatively picked up my phone and looked at my three friends for support.

I took a deep breath and clicked on the 'messages' app.

Owen👑

Sorry but I couldn't resist! PSYCHE!

I glared at Owen, ignoring Hayden and Lily's confused stares.

"You don't have to text me Owen. I'm right here!" I said to him, rolling my eyes for the second time in two minutes.

My phone beeped again and I didn't even bother to check it, deciding instead to glare at Owen.

Owen looked speechless for a second before saying "That one wasn't actually me!"

I gave him a look telling him I didn't really believe him, but decided to check my phone, just in case.

And am I glad I did.

Mr Black💰

Don't judge my emojis, he's my boss and he gives me money. Owen's surname is King so he gets the crown!

Oh yeah, you want to read the text. Sorry - I'm evil!!!

You were right. The bank account is in the name of Mr Cody Mathews. I'll see you around, kid. Good job. X

I was right. I looked up, making eye contact with Hayden, Lily and Owen in turn.

Finally I turn my gaze to Cody. He was so fixated on his book that he doesn't notice me, or at least he didn't seem to.

I cast my gaze back to the three others. I nodded my head, a grim look on my face. Even with all this evidence I wanted it to be false. 

I'm But I guess I was wrong. Cody is the traitor.

Penultimate chapter 😭😭😭!

I hope you have enjoyed Killing Mr. Bad Boy.

Thank you for reading!

See you next (last) Chapter...