Chapter 4: Game On

I am so greatfull to anyone who is reading this. Could you please comment, vote and suggest to others who might want to read. Also, any ideas for tags I could add to make the story more popular? Thank you again...

Eliza's POV

We arrived at the school gates at 7:45 and the boys weren't even there yet. It was a good thing though 'cause we had wanted to check the area was safe before they arrived. We decided to wait for a while and just talk about our days as we hadn't seen each other much.

The more she talked about Owen, the more I thought she might be getting a bit of a crush. Don't worry though - knowing Lily she wouldn't even remember his name by next week.

I was a bit apprehensive to meet the other two boys. To find out whether what Lily said was true or not. Hopefully I wouldn't have to wait long because I was already starting to feel a bit cold.

Sure enough, not a minute later the boys sped up to the school in snazzy white BMW.

(Sorry I don't know much about cars but what I'm going for is an expensive, white sports car - I think!)

Me and Lily both stepped back into the shadows. We wanted to see their reactions to our outfits first hand.

"Well the brainy ones are already here" Hayden said, noticing our figures in the shadows.

"You really shouldn't judge a book by its cover." I stated as we both walked into the glare of the still lit lights form the car, swinging our hips as we walked.

The looks on the boys faces were priceless. Completely slack jawed, wise eyes and speechless.

"Where are we headed?" Lily asked, taking a step forward.

The one I think from his file was called Cody, recovered first and played it off as if nothing had happened. "Well we are going to a drug deal by the docks." He said

"Okay. Fist question - why?" I said, acting seriously for a minute.

Hayden and Owen recovered from their shock, finally and Hayden answered my question. "You didn't believe we were dangerous. And two assassins who are gonna try and kill me should at least know what they are dealing with!"

Now it was our turn to look shocked. Before we both, on reflex, pulled out the guns hidden in our jacket and boot. The boys, just as quickly, pulled out a gun each, meaning we were out numbered 2 to 3.

"How did you know?" I questioned, never pointing my gun away from Hayden's head.

"The last assasin- Ariana I think her name was. Anyway, she gave me a file with the names and faces of all the assassins who worked in her company." He replied, clearly proud of himself.

"Put the guns down and we can all get to know each other a little better. You can find out what you are dealing with." Owen said.

'And you find the thing you can offer us to get us off your back' I mentally added. That is what Mr Black had said their game was. The thing was, unlike the previous assassins, we didn't have a weakness.

Seeing our hesitation Cody said "You can try and kill us all again tomorrow. You will just have a better idea of what you are dealing with."

"Alright. You have a deal." I said, dropping my gun onto the floor. I stared at Hayden's gun, expecting him to do the same. He did, as did Owen.

Cody and Lily still held their guns tightly, their fingers on the trigger.

"On three" Hayden said, about as worried as if they were holding cute puppies - not guns. "One, two, three."

Both guns fell at the exact same time, landing with a metallic clatter.

"We're taking the bikes." Lily said, sliding, gracefully into hers.

"Lead the way and we'll follow." I finished, copying her action. We both put our helmets on and started the engines.

The boys slid into the BMW, Hayden driving, Cody riding shotgun and Owen in the non-existent back seat.

And so we all sped off into the night.

We followed the car as we raced through town, far exceeding the speed limit. Not many people were on the roads and we were all excellent drivers so I didn't really think anyone was in any danger.

This part of town was darker and dirtier then what I had seen so far and I suddenly felt more at home. This is where I grew up. We weren't rich, even when my family was alive so we didn't live in the fancy houses I now own. Life was simpler back then. Sometimes I miss it. But I would never have become the person I am today if it hadn't been for them. My mother and father made me the person I am now.

We pulled up at a dock with no one else in sight. We didn't say a single word but simply climbed out our respective vehicles.

We waited in silence.

Then, a few minutes later the lights flickered on on one of the ships moored up by the dock.

About six or seven figures jumped over the side of the boat and landed on the dock, marching towards us slowly.

We all pulled out the guns we had picked up from the ground outside the school gates and held them at our sides.

"Twenty two grands worth and not a penny less?" Hayden asked, gesturing with his gun towards the ship behind them.

"Only the best quality." Replied one of the men, in a grinding voice that made me want to vomit.

"We've already transferred the money into your boss's account and our men will be here in a minute to pick it up." Cody muttered, barely audible over the sound of the waves lapping against the shore.

"We could throw in some more in exchange for the girls," one of the dirtbags said, smirking.

"No f***ing way!"

"No chance!"

"They are not for sale!"

"Hands off you scum!"

Me, Lily, Cody and Owen all shouted at the same time, raising our guns.

To my surprise, Hayden stayed silent and then he too raised his gun. He shot seven clean shots hitting each man square between the eyes before any of them could even think.

"No." Was all he said, before turning away and getting back in the car.

"Hey Lily, mind if I ride with you?" Owen asked, excitement showing in his brown eyes. This boy seemed to just be full of energy.

Lily hopped on and motioned for him to copy her too.

They sped off together, into town.

Without another word, Cody hopped into the car, remaining cool and expressionless.

I straddled my bike and took off.

So Hayden knew we were out to kill him and was a damn god with a gun. I couldn't help but wonder what else he could do. This was gonna be more of a challenge then I thought.

Well Hayden, game on!

All done!

Are you liking Cody and Owen? Are they how you expected them to be? You will get to know them better soon.

Hope you are enjoying the story! I'm not sure if I'll be able to update for a while because it is my Grandfather's birthday and he only died last week but I'll update when I can.

Remember to vote and comment! Thanks for reading.