STRESSED OUT (Pt 1) (Emerson Barrett)

TW: MENTIONS OF DEPRESSION, DEPRESSIVE THOUGHTS, NIGHTMARES

Emerson had called you the day before canceling plans once again, he seemed stressed and you knew he had been overworking himself, again... With all of the music video recording, album recording, practicing, drawing, and designing, for the upcoming projects, tours, and products he never gave himself a break... It has been a while since you last hung out with him and you were sick of it... You knew he wasn't in a good place and you needed to convince him to take a break... You tried calling him to check in on him but he didn't answer... Since you had a spare key you drive over to the flat he and his brothers share...

 You hesitantly open the door, surprised to see Emerson fast asleep at the dining room table small snores escaped him as he slept. There was a big sheet of paper in front of him signaling he was drawing something before passing out at the table. You knew you had to wake him. Sleeping like that would likely hurt his back and his bed would be much comfier to sleep on anyway. You sigh and shake him a little in attempts to wake him up... It finally works and he groans before opening his eyes...

"Y/n? What are you doing here?" He asks looking up at you...

"You never answered your phone and you seemed pretty stressed earlier. I just wanted to make sure you're fine, clearly, you aren't." 

You finally get a good look at his face, he looked extremely stressed and it almost looked like he had possibly been crying before that... Emerson could see the concern on your face and he quickly acts on it...

"I-I'm fine, there's no need to worry about me..." He says softly but he puts his head down again, he was absolutely drained.

"At least go to your bedroom if you want to sleep, you can get back pains from sleeping in that position..."

He sighs and lifts his head up looking at the stunning art in front of him... 

"I should at least finish this... It's almost done..." He says reaching for his pencil.

"Emerson." You whine. "You need to get some rest you've been overworking yourself..."

"Y/n I'm fine, I've just been thinking a lot... Drawing is really my only distraction, the only way to spill my thoughts... It's worked better than anything I've done..."

"Em... I get it, you need a way to release your emotions but you're gonna make things worse by overworking yourself like this..."

"I guess you're right..." Emerson mumbles standing up.

"Come on, how about we go into your bedroom, relax for a while... If you need to talk I'm here I'm going to be right there with you..."

A small smile forms on Emerson's face. He grabs your hand leading the both of you to his room. But before you guys could even enter the door swings open...

"I'm done being Sebastian and Curcio's designated driver they can get another weird-ass uber for all I care," Remington whines faceplanting into the couch.

"Hey Y/n," Sebastian mumbles waddling into the flat, obviously drunk.

You chuckle and go into Emerson's room Emerson following behind.

"Sorry about them," Emerson says going to his closet.

"They're the least of my worries." 

He pulls out comfier clothes to sleep in, he asks you not to look which you respect and look away while he changes... Although you guys have been together for almost a year you were both uncomfortable with changing in front of each other...  You were wearing an extremely uncomfortable and tight shirt but you're pants were fine... Once he tells you he is finished changing you ask if you can borrow one of his shirts...

"Last time you didn't even give it back, now why would I allow that to happen again." He says teasing you a little.

"It smelt like you, it was comfy, also, you weren't even there to retrieve it, you were on tour. plus I love your shirts, please just let me borrow one." You whine.

"Fine... But only because you're cute..." 

You blush as he tosses you a shirt. You signal for him to look away whilst you take your own shirt off changing into the one he gave you.

"Cuddles?" You ask laying down on his bed.

"Yeah, I'd like that..." He lays down next to you.

You play with his hair and he just lays his head on your stomach quickly starting to drift off... You still mess with his hair finding it soothing and relaxing... Soon enough you fall asleep as well... But that didn't last very long...It was only a couple of hours later when you woke up to Emerson screaming... He was sitting straight up breathing heavily... Tears blurred the broken boys' vision... The sight broke your heart... You never wanted to see him sad, but you knew this was something you'd have to see from time to time...

"Em? What's wrong?" You ask concerned.