STRESSED OUT (Pt 2) (Emerson Barrett)

"I-It was just a dream... It wa-wasn't real, it won't h-happen..." He says this and you were sure he was just trying to reassure himself.

"Do you want to talk about it?" You get closer to him pulling him into a tight embrace.

He shakes his head... The door swings open to reveal a worried Remington... You both pull away from the hug startled by his sudden entrance...

"Why were you screaming? Are you okay?" Remington asks worriedly.

Sure they were silly people but if they thought one of them were in danger they knew it wasn't something to mess around about.

"I-It was n-nothing serious, it was just a dr-dream..." Emerson says, even though he claimed it was fine both you and Rem knew it wasn't.

The first few tears fall from Emerson's eyes which leads to many more coming... You use your thumbs to wipe his tears away... Remington sits at the end of the bed looking something up on his phone... You knew Remington was going to show Emerson something stupid or funny in hopes to make him feel at least a little bit better... He always tries to lighten the mood in times like these... It is either very inappropriate depending on the situation (haha so like most of the time) or it will sometimes work...

"Hey Em, I think I found something," Remington says sitting down on the other side of Emerson showing him a video.

Emerson only shows a forced smile through the tears, usually Remington's silly videos and memes will work. That pretty head of his had to be filled with toxic thoughts focusing on more than the aspects of his nightmare unless his nightmare was about those toxic thoughts... You knew if Emerson got super stressed it could lead to more than just stress, you knew the possibility of nightmares and depressive episodes were common with him... You worry about him all the time, but you know that Em is extremely close to his brothers and he told you he would talk to them if he thought about hurting himself... You worried because even though he said he would you knew he wasn't half the time...

His head rested on your chest and you played with his hair... Remington attempts once again to get Emerson to at least smile... He was making stupid faces this time but Emerson didn't really find it amusing, he just simply shrugged... Before Remington could do anything else the door had opened... It was Sebastian this time...

"Where is the pain- Oh- Am I interrupting something..?" Sebastian asks processing the situation.

"No no, you're fine..." You sigh looking back at Emerson.

If Emerson's face doesn't say it all you don't know what would... Sebastian looks at Emerson worried, he had pushed his hangover to the side and worried about his younger brother... Em knew he couldn't say he was fine at this point... He knew he wasn't and needed to accept that... Sebastian gives you a questioning look and you shrug not knowing exactly what was wrong...

"Why me?"

"Em? What are you talking about?" Seb asks.

"Why do you guys care about me so much?" He asks tears blurring his vision even more.

"Em, we love you so much, you literally saved my life... Please, never doubt how much we care... You mean the world to us Emerson without you I would be lost, I'm extremely grateful to have as a brother... I-I wouldn't be here without you..." This time it was Remington's turn to hug Emerson.

A stray tear falls down Remington's cheek as he held his younger brother... 

It broke your heart knowing that Remington has been through similar things that Emerson has... You knew it could be bad but you didn't know how bad until Emerson called you a few years ago telling you something had happened to Rem... You weren't dating Emerson at the time but you were best friends with him and Remington definitely made a few jokes about you guys being a couple while he was in the hospital despite his condition... You liked Emerson at the time and you definitely regret telling Remington about that, you should have told Sebastian instead of him, but it all worked out in the end...

Even when Remington was in the hospital for self-harm and from what you heard the vein being cut was all accidental but you never know... Rem brushed it off and still tried making people laugh while he was in the hospital... Even though it was extremely inappropriate at the time you found it one of your favorite things about him, He had always been a brotherly figure since you became friends with him in Highschool, he was a bit of a class clown once he finds a crowd he can put himself in Sebastian would say... You were a Sophmore and he was a Seniorat the time but you met him through Emerson who you were still extremely close with even back then...

Emerson made you so happy even without him knowing... You were the only person who really talked to him so once he came out of his shell it surprised you, it got easier and easier for him to be the one to start the conversations and carry them on for hours when you guys were out after school and when you were on the phone with him... He could talk about anything that interested him for hours and hours at a time... 

You knew you could never lose him...

"I-I can't take it, it's a-all too much..." Emerson sobs.

"I can't lose you, Emerson, please just don't do anything to put yourself in danger, okay..." Remington says softly.

Emerson nods.

"I love you."