TEENAGE HEARTBREAK QUEEN {Remington Leith}

"We used to say, we won't ever change."

"I'm fine, just leave me alone..." He sighs.

"Remington, you can't just do this to yourself..." You say.

"D-Do what?"

You sigh and sit next to Remington. You knew that even though his back was to you knew he was fighting tears. You knew he was at his breaking point...

He was at an all time low...

"You've barely said a word to anyone in the last week or two and you've been skipping classes according to Austin. Do you seriously expect me to believe you're okay? Your brothers are getting worried, god, even me and Daniel are getting worried about you..." You say more concerned than upset.

"I just- I-I'm sorry..." He stutters his eyes darting around the room he wanted a distraction, a way out of talking about to you about everything. But he also knew talking about it would possibly ease his pain...

"It's okay... Do you want to talk about it?" 

"I guess..." He mumbles looking anywhere but in your eyes.

"Just start when you're ready..."

He sighs and nods. He didn't even know how to start. He brings his legs to his chest tears coming to his eyes... You sit closer to Remington and just wrap your arm around him... You knew he needed a shoulder to cry on, and you've known Remington since Daniel joined their friend group you've become closer to the boys since then. They never thought of you as "just Daniels twin sister". You were like a part of their little group. And they surprisingly opened up to you. Sebastian would ask for advice to impress Larisa or Em would talk about his philosophy on everything about the world he created in his head. Rem didn't talk to you about things that much. But it would finally change.

"S-She ch-cheated on me... She broke it off because I-I never made her happy and I found out she was dating someone else for a while before she even broke up with me... She just feels the need to send me pictures of her with every other guy and I couldn't handle it... I kept getting messages saying I wasn't good enough and nobody cared, I-It hurts Y/n, she kn-knows so much a-about me and ju-just for h-her t-to throw it a-away like th-that... It ma-makes me w-waant t-to gi-give up..."

"Rem... Just promise me you'll try..." You say.

"I-I will..." He mumbles.

You nod and play with his hair, his head resting on your shoulder as he quietly cried... Although it was quiet you could hear it because of how close he was to you... Emerson was likely asleep or just getting up. Sebastian was probably out with your brother and Andrew, if they were out they were most likely downtown like most seniors on Saturdays... 

You had no idea what time it was anymore but you knew it was nowhere near the time to leave him... You couldn't leave him... You rub his back as he cried. You guys stayed like this for a minute. You held him and he just had his head on you...

"I-I- I'm sorry..."

"Rem, it's fine..."

Before anything else could be said the bedroom door opened. Emerson stood there his expression changing from annoyed to worried fairly quick. He sits down next to you and Remington concerned about his heartbroken older brother who had just broken down in your arms.

"E-Em?"

"Hey... Are you okay?"

Rem shakes his head not even looking at Emerson anymore. Emerson knew something was up for a while before now but didn't know how to talk to Rem about it. He didn't expect to see this when he got up, the image of his older brother broken like that was heartbreaking... The last person that Emerson expected to be with him was the one right there, holding the boy...

"It's h-hard Em... S-She's gone..."

"I know... I couldn't imagine how hard it is for you... Just don't do anything, alright... You can get through this. We care about you so much and we can't lose you, Remington..."

He nods, not making eye contact with any of them...

"I'm sorry..." He says once again.

"Don't be. It's okay to feel that way..."Emerson says.

"How can I not be... I ignored you guys and now I'm just a mess, I-I did it Em... I'm sorry, I'm sorry for being so vulnerable... I let her in and she broke me... I-It shouldn't hurt this much but it does."

"You loved her Rem, of course It'll hurt, sometimes more than you'd expect."

"I thought she cared..."

"She was a fool not to in the first place..."

"He's right Remington..." You say giving him a reassuring smile.

Rem nods giving a small and obviously forced smile...

"Why do I bother trying?" He mumbles.

That was what hit the most...