Chapter 5

Bendy's POV

"DAD STOP, YOUR HURTING HIM!" a familiar voice yelled.
I recognized it as my brother telling my father to stop beating me, I opened my eyes that were slammed shut and all the details slowly faded in. The image of a room came into view and ymy 12 year old brother was yanking my fathers shirt, pleading and crying for him to stop the violence.
"I guess you want some too don't ya?" My father said as he slowly pulled off his belt and held it as a weapon. Boris ran and father went chasing after him, I took this as an opportunity to get up and find them but I was too late. I heard a deafening scream and a loud thud that came from the stairway and then someone walking down the stairs. I slowly crept around the corner and peaked down the stairs and saw a terrifying sight. My brother laying lifeless on the floor as a puddle of blood surrounded his head while my father looked down on the body.
"I know you're faking it! Get up!" He screamed at him.
I felt tears well up in my eyes as a covered my mouth and watched in horror as he kept yelling at the body, then he turned to me with the most terrifying expression on his face and yelled.

"YOUR NEXT!"

I woke up tangled in my sheets and were tears streaming down my cheeks, I sat up in my bed panting a bit trying to catch my breath. The room was dark so I just assumed it was nighttime or at least late in the day,
"Stupid nightmares.." I mumbled.
I groaned and got up from my bed then went into the hallway to find Henry when something brushed against my leg. I jumped a bit from the sudden feeling and looked down, a black and white small kitten with green eyes was staring up at me. "Of course he's a cat person...", I'd always hated animals especially cats, they just freak me out sometimes.
"Go away..." I said slightly pushing it with my foot.
it just meowed at me and got even closer then it suddenly went behind me and started messing with my tail, I quickly snatched it away from it.
"Weirdo" I mumbled to it and got a meow in response.
"I see you've met Oreo" Henry chuckled behind me.
I turned around and saw Henry standing behind me with a small book and a pencil in his hands, he was probably drawing like always.
"I didn't know you had a cat" I said backing away from it.
"Are you afraid of cats?" He said noticing my behavior towards it.
"U-uh...kinda" I stuttered out.
"Oh sorry, I'll try to keep him away from you then" Henry said as he picked up the kitten.
"I also made some dinner for you, it's in the kitchen" he said while petting the kitten.
"Oh alright" I replied.
Henry smiled and walked passed me and I continued towards the kitchen when I heard the same voice from earlier whisper in my ear.
"He's trying to poison you..."
I immediately stopped in my tracks and looked around for the owner of the voice but there was no one, this time I actually got a bit freaked out. I brushed  it off again and continued walking to the kitchen. there was a plate of spaghetti left out for me on the counter but I just stared at it wondering if I should eat it or not, "Your just imagining things! Just eat the dang food!". I sat down and shakily took a forkful of it and ate it but after a few bites I felt full so I just went back to my room.
"Look what you've done...now you going to die..."
I took a shaky breath and continued walking, once I got into my room I sat on my bed and put my hands on my face.
"T-this can't be real! It j-just can't be!" I whispered to myself.
Tears were forming in my eyes as I was on the verge of a panic attack when I felt something messing with my tail snapping me back to reality, I turned and saw that kitten again playing with my tail.
"Play with your own tail" I hissed.
He meowed in response and jumped into my lap.
"Get off of me!" I said as I pushed him off of me and laid down on the bed.
He landed on his paws and jumped back onto the bed and laid on my stomach, I groaned realizing that there was no point to this when my phone buzzed, which was odd since I hadn't given my number to anyone yet other than Henry but he would've came up here if he wanted to talk to me.
————————————————————
Unknown: where did you run off to earlier?

Me: who's this?

Unknown: it's cuphead dummy

Me: how'd you get my number?

Cuphead: I have my ways, anyways you didn't answer my question

Me: I felt sick so I went home

Cuphead: that's tough, ya feeling better?

             Me: yeah but what happened after I left ?

Cuphead: nothing really we just fought for a bit until they ran off

             Me: oh I thought that something more dangerous happened

Cuphead: I wish

Cuphead: hey my phones going dead I'll see ya later ok

Me: alright
————————————————————

I placed the phone on its charger and I laid back down glancing at the clock, it was 9:46 so I just stared up into the ceiling wanting to drift off to sleep again to get this day over with when I catch something from the corner of my eye. I sat up out of curiosity and saw one of the creepiest things in my life, it was my brother staring at me with tears rolling down his face and a sad look on his face.
"W-Wait....Boris?" I said in a hushed whisper.
No response.
"This isn't...real...I...I must be going....insane" I whispered as tears were threatening to come pouring down my face.
I could hold back anymore and the tears came dripping down my cheeks uncontrollably.
"G-god...I'm...im so sorry bor-bor!...I-i should've...h-h-helped you!" I sobbed digging my face into my hands, rubbing away the tears.
I sniffed and looked up with a tear stained face but he was gone, just like that he dissolved into thin air or something.
"Are. You. Kidding Me!?. T-that wasn't real!?" I yelled angry at myself for being so stupid and believing that he was alive.
I flopped onto my back and screamed into a pillow before hugging and holding it close, "what the heck is up with me today!? Why am I seeing all this stupid stuff!?". I closed my eyes and ran my fingers through the hair covering my blind eye, "I need to talk about this, maybe Cuphead will listen to me", I rolled over to my side and fell into a dreamless sleep.

To be continued...