Chapter 8: When Earth is about to Fall...

Yasmine walked to a window of the cannon. "We're in the sky!" she said as she turned towards the rest. Romy looked at her mom. "What?!" Romy said. Lola looked around the hallway. "We'll have to find and take out Kelly before she has the chance to destroy this world and the Vampire World!" Lola said. "Let's go!" Romy said as they all walked towards the middle of the cannon. The moment they walked into the middle room they saw Kelly in the middle of the room and they immediately hid behind the pillars. "There she is... Should we kill her now?" Romy whispered to Yasmine and Lola. "No... This might be a trap..." Lola said as she looked around the room. Yasmine looked down at the ground. Romy saw her mom looking kind of sad. "What is it, mom?" Romy asked. Yasmine looked at Romy. "Nothing darling... It's nothing..." she replied. Lola saw a hallway behind Kelly. "There... Follow me..." Lola said as she sneaked slowly to the back of Kelly. Everyone else followed her. They arrived in the hallway and walked through it. "All these cells... What is this cannon for?" Emmaline asked. Lola looked at Emmaline. "This cannon is used to protect this world and the Vampire World from Celestial objects and creatures... But it appears Kelly has found another way to use the Celestial Cannon... It will not be a good way..." Lola said as they heard a male voice in a cell. "Huh? Who could that be?" Romy asked. Lola walked to the cell the sound came from and her eyes widen. "ROY?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" Lola said as she opened the cell. Roy has a lot of wounds on his body. "You'll have to get out of here Lola... She'll find you all and kill you all!" he said. Benjamin walked into the cell and reversed the time of the wounds back. The wounds get healed. Roy looked at Benjamin. "Thank you Benjamin!" he said as he stood up and looked at them. "She will come for us! So we'll have to destroy the crystals at the bottom of the cannon! Once they are destroyed this cannon won't have any fuel anymore..." Roy said as he walked out of the cell with Benjamin and Lola. "Where do we need to go to get to the bottom of this cannon?" Romy asked. Roy walked towards the door in a sideway of the cell hall. "Here!" he said as he went into the stairway down. Romy, Yasmine, Poppy, Lola, Benjamin, and Emmaline followed him down...

After a 25 minute walk, they reached the door of the Fuel Room. "How did we manage to do that without any guard seeing us... More strangely is... Where are all the guards?" Romy asked. "Let's just be happy that we were able to get here without resistance!" Emmaline said. Roy tried to open the door to the room. "It is locked... We can't get in!" he said as he tried to kick in the door. "Even my werewolf strength can't get us in!" he said. Romy walked to the door and tried to melt the doorknob with her magic. The doorknob resisted the heat. "How did you do that?" Yasmine asked. Romy looked at her hand. "I-I don't know..." she replied. Yasmine pushed against the door. "We have to get inside!" she said. Lola looked behind them. "Uhm... I don't think that we can any longer..." Lola said slowly as she took a step back to them. "What do you mean- OH GOD!" Emmaline said as she saw the guards coming their way. "Guys... We got company!" Lola said. The rest turned around towards the guards. "Is there any way out now?" Romy asked. "Not there isn't!" Lola replied. Roy stepped in front of them all. "Stay behind me!" he said as he walked towards the guards. "Halt! Do not come any closer!" one of the guards said. Roy took a step closer and a shot could be heard. He fell down on the ground as smoke came out of one of the guns. "ROY!!" Lola yelled. "Anyone else?" the guard said. Emmaline took a few steps forward. "You shouldn't have done that!" Emmaline said as she shot a beam through the guards. The guards started shooting, but Emmaline made a magical shield behind her so no one else but her could be hit by the flying bullets. As soon as Emmaline fell down next to Roy's body the shield disappeared. Romy fell on her knees as she was lost in her own thoughts. "T-This is all m-my f-fault..." Romy said as the guards came closer to them. Poppy sat down next to Romy. "It's not your fault big sis!" Poppy said as the guards came closer. Benjamin ran with rage in his eyes to the guards, but one of the guards knocked him out on the ground and chained him. "You guys will be taken to the Prototype Room! Kelly expects you guys there soon!" the guard said as they walk towards them. 

The guards chain the arms of the rest of them and lead them towards the prototype room of the cannon. Lola tried to break out of her chains, but the chains are too strong. "These aren't normally chains..." Lola said as they got put down near the middle platform, but Romy is getting pulled towards the middle platform. Kelly walked into the prototype room at the control panel. "It worked hehe! It did take some time for you guys to get here, but it happened and that is what matters!" Kelly said. Yasmine looked up at Kelly. "LET MY DAUGHTER GO!" Yasmine yelled. Kelly looked down at Yasmine. "No! She'll become a Relic of Power and I'll use her to destroy this world and the Vampire World!" Kelly said as she pressed the red button. The laser aimed at Romy. "Romy! Run!" Yasmine said as she ran towards Romy. Kelly saw that. "WHAT?! NO!! STOP HER!!" Kelly yelled. The guards that were standing at the middle platform ran towards Yasmine. Romy looked at her mom as she kicked some of the guards off the platform down towards the earth. Yasmine pushed Romy to the side. Romy kicked some more guards off the platform and looked at her mom. "Mom..." she said as the laser shoots out of the blaster underneath the control panel and hit her mom. "NOOO!! MOM!!" Romy yelled as the blast blew her off the platform and she fell down to earth. "ROMY!!!" Poppy yelled as she ran to the edge and looked down. "NOOOOO!" she screamed as she fell down on her knees. Lola has arrived onto the control panel and aimed her pistol at Kelly. "This will be for Roy and Emmaline! Any last words?" Lola asked. Kelly turned around and snapped her fingers. The relic appeared floating above her hand. "You're too late!" Kelly said as she absorbed the relic. She started to get glowing cracks over her body. "THE POWER IS MINE!!!" Kelly yelled as she looked at Lola. Lola backed off a little. Kelly stepped a few steps closer to Lola and punched her off the control panel down on the platform beneath. Poppy and Benjamin ran over to Lola. "Are you ok?" Benjamin asked as she helped Lola up. "Where is Kelly?!" Lola asked. Poppy looked to the control panel. "She is not here anymore..." Poppy said. The Celestial Cannon started to shake a lot as it loses height in the sky. 

-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-

This was Chapter 8: When Earth Is About To Fall!
This chapter is probably the most intense of every chapter so far and it took me a little longer than it was planned to take because I had some issues with the writing, but I think it worked out all fine!
We are close to the 80 reads and we're gonna beat Stardust: Fall of Redonia with reads soon!
Thanks for all the support on this book, it would have never gotten this far without you all!
Chapter 9 is high possibly the last chapter for this book, but this is only Book 1 of the complete story of Innocent. There will be more books out as the story grows!
So I hope I'll see you all when book 2 will start, but first Chapter 9!

-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-