5-Checkmate

"Ah, Ouma-kun, I was planning to head back soon." Kiibo explained.

  "Hm? Akamatsu-San? I've been looking for you too!" Ouma was ecstatic to see Akamatsu. He has been looking forward to seeing her. He has a good reason to see her, but he hasn't told anyone yet.

  "Huh? Why would you look for me?" Akamatsu was surprised, of all people, Ouma was the person looking for her.

  Ouma handed Akamatsu a piece of folded paper, grabbed Kiibo, and left.

  Akamatsu immediately opened the folded paper, but Harukawa warned her,"he's is the most suspicious person in the whole class, I wouldn't go meet him even if he has been looking forward to see me."

  Harukawa wasn't wrong, Ouma was...strange to say the least. He has been lying to everyone in the school, no one has seen him tell the truth to anyone. He lied so frequently that no matter what he said, someone would point it out as a lie.

  "I...I can't just refuse! Maybe he has something important to say, I can't just deny him!" Akamatsu told Harukawa.

  "That's a fuckin' stupid idea." Iruma said. Even someone like Iruma is suspicious of him, signalling that it really IS a bad idea.

  Akamatsu was thinking of wether she should go meet him or not, and that when...

  "I'll go with you, I don't want him doing anything to you. And I know you'll just go anyways no matter what we say." Harukawa sighed.

-The next day, after school-
  "He told you to meet him in this classroom?" Harukawa asked Akamatsu.

  "Yep. Harukawa-San, you really didn't have to come, you know?" Akamatsu said to Harukawa, while preparing to open the door.

  "I-I don't trust Ouma and what he'll do,alright?" Harukawa said while blushing. She suggested to guard outside if she doesn't want any interruptions.

  And with that, Akamatsu entered the room, and Harukawa was left outside, she would occasionally peek inside, to see if Ouma was doing anything suspicious.

  Akamatsu saw Ouma sitting on a chair, setting up something on the table. She walked up to him, and gently poked his shoulder.

  "Hmm? Ah! My beloved Akamatsu-San is here! Have a seat." He said as he pulled up a chair for her.

  "Chess? You invited me here to play chess?" Akamatsu asked while sitting down.

  "Ah,well I just wanted to have a nice chat with you. But I thought it would've been too boring so I prepared something for us to play while we were chatting!" Ouma said. That was pretty considerate, but Akamatsu still can't let her guard down yet.

  And so, they began playing chess, and Ouma began their conversation.

  "I think we are somewhat alike. We both have a mask we hide behind." Ouma said casually. Surprising Akamatsu, a mask? What mask?

  Akamatsu made a move, and said " What kind of mask are you talking about?"

  "You can stop lying, I heard about what kind of person you were before entering Hope's Peak." Ouma said, he then move a chess piece and ended his turn. Grinning ear to ear as well.

  "...I expected it to be found out sooner. You really are smart, Ouma-kun." Akamatsu said, her smile slowly disappearing.

  "Oh, don't worry, Akamatsu-San. I won't spread it around. I just thought that we aren't any different. I just wanted to have a chat about that." Ouma said, waiting Akamatsu to make a move.

  "Yes, I'll admit that I was pretty antisocial and negative. I'm trying to have a new image for myself. Having friends and hanging out with them." She moved a piece, and looked up.

  "Nishishi~ you really are an interesting person. More than anyone else at this school. Well, there are some competitors. But I find you the most interesting." He smiles even more. He moves a piece, and before Akamatsu could say anything, his hand reaches out towards her.

  "I'd like to be friends,Akamatsu-San." She was shocked. But she still reached out her hand, shaking his hand. His hand was...cold. It was very cold, but she only took note of it and continued to play chess.

  "Out of all people at this school, you may be the easiest person to be friends with. I don't think I had to tell you what I knew. But anyways, I just wanted to try be truthful." He said. He now successfully made his first friend at this school. An interesting one too.

  Moving a piece, she said " Ouma-kun, I would have to disagree. I think you may be the most interesting person here, even more than me."

  "No, you don't have to be so humble. I think that you and me are the same. At least we're both liars. " he smiles, moving a piece.

  They continued to chat, and play chess, but Akamatsu thought that Harukawa would be bored, so she just told her to leave, reassuring her that she is safe.

  An hour passed, and they could almost finish their chess game.

  The both of them had a nice chat, they began bonding, and Akamatsu began to understand Ouma, they know the both of them are liars. But they also know why they lie, and the truth behind their lies. They only chatted for an hour, but they've learnt so much about one another.

  "Nishishi~" Ouma said as he moves a piece, "checkmate" he said. They've finally finished their game.

  "Ah, finally." Akamatsu sighed. Stretching her hands.

  "Say Akamatsu-San, let's hang out later. I feel like we'd be great friends." He said as he began cleaning up the chess pieces and placing it back at where it belongs.

  "Sure." She says as a smile finally reappears back on her face.

  She opens the door, leaving the room, and Ouma left right after he placed everything back.

  Akamatsu slowly walked back to her dorm room. She thought about what happened with Ouma. She was still wondering how he knew.

She opens the door to see Chabashira and Harukawa, they were just sitting there, looking like they were waiting for...Akamatsu?

  When she entered the room, Chabashira's face lit up, she approaches Akamatsu. Asking her what happened. But Akamatsu only told them that he wanted to play chess with her. And reassured them that nothing happened.

  But Harukawa seemed like she was deep in thought. And that's when Harukawa felt a hand gripping hers. And Akamatsu dragged Harukawa out of the room.
--------------------------------------------------------------That's it for this chapter. I hope that wasn't too much of a big reveal, and the next chapter will probably be Kaemaki. Thank you for reading!