12-Metal Hearts

Kiibo was waiting for the sun to rise, he was alone with his thoughts every night because he had no need to sleep or rest.

  He got up and decided to walk around the academy. He didn't have to wake the three of them up until another 4 hours has passed, after all.

  He walked along the dark hallways, being able to see with his night vision ability that Miu had added in him.

  Suddenly, he heard some ruffling sounds from the cafeteria kitchen.

  "Tojo-san?" He asked. He entered the kitchen to find Kirumi Tojo, the SHSL maid to be cleaning the kitchen.

  "Greetings, Kiibo-kun." She said to the robot.

  "What are you doing here so late at night?"

  "I couldn't sleep because of my roommates, so I decided to go out here and clean the kitchen."

  "Your roommates?"

  "Yes, yumeno-san, shirogane-san and yonaga-san. They were apparently trying to perform some kind of magic show, inside the crowded dorm room."

  "I feel sorry for you, Tojo-san. "

  "No need, I'm fine with cleaning the kitchen at night. It is kind of comforting."

  "I'll leave it to you then, Tojo-san." Kiibo said, quickly leaving the cafeteria so that he wouldn't disturb Kirumi.

Kiibo strolled along the empty hallways, until he heard the faint sounds of a piano. Who could be playing this late in the night?

Kiibo walked towards the music room, and peeked inside, only to see a familiar figure playing the piano.

  "...Akamatsu-san?"

The figure's fingers stopped its movements on the piano keys, and the person inside looked up with a surprised expression.

"Ah! Kiibo-kun. Was I too loud?"

"No. It's not that loud. I think it's kind of smoothing to hear something in the lonely hallways. Why are you up so late, Akamatsu-san?"

"I slept a bit too early and woke up in the middle of the night, so I decided to do some practising."

"I see." Kiibo entered the music room after the small chat they had and grabbed a chair to sit on.

"Don't you get lonely by yourself in the middle of the night, Kiibo-kun?" Kaede continued to play, showing no signs of difficulty while starting a new conversation.

"It was, but I've gotten used to it by now." Kiibo's blue eyes followed as the pianist's hands began to tap away on the piano.

Before Kaede could reply, Kiibo said something that shook her.

"It's a bit strange to ask this question now, but what do you think of Ouma-kun?"

"Huh? Well I think that the others haven't seen his good side yet. I think he's misunderstood."

The two began to chat more and more, until it was almost time to get back to their respective dorms.

As the two left the music room, Kiibo asked Kaede if they could meet again after lunch. Kaede accepted and the both of them went back to their dorms.

The girl's dorm room was filled with snoring. Kaede didn't even realise how much Miu snores during her sleep.

The four of them haven't been late to class once, it is probably because Maki and Tenko both wake up very early to jog. And also because of Miu's inventions which is an alarm clock that wakes Miu up everyday. If Miu doesn't wake up after the alarm rings for a minute, it would start slapping her and if she still doesn't get up, it would splash water on her and play some pretty loud music. Luckily, that has never happened.

On the other hand, the four boys have a hard time waking up. Probably due to Shuichi sleeping very late at night, Rantaro not being used to waking up so early and Kokichi not wanting to wake up every morning.

It was almost time for Kiibo to wake everyone up, and this time, he has decided to do it a bit earlier.

He opened up his laptop and blasted ridiculously loud music through modified speakers he requested Miu to make.

The three other boys immediately jumped awake after a second.

-Timeskip, lunch time-
"Oi Akamatsu and harumaki! Let's get lunch together!" Kaito shouted as Shuichi followed close behind.

"Stop shouting, you're in public." Maki said.

And so, the four of them agreed to get lunch together, but before they left, Kiibo glanced towards them, but was interrupted by Miu.

"So, where are we getting lunch at?" Kaito said while searching for a restaurant.

"I don't know. Haven't really decided." Shuichi responded as he looked up from the ground.

  "Well, I know a place that has really good food! Follow me!" Kaito exclaimed as he dragged the group along with him.

  As they walked towards the restaurant, Kaito continued to tell Shuichi his stories, and left Kaede with Maki, who was fidgeting with her hair.

"Akamatsu, when do you think we can have another piano session?" Maki asked, which surprised Kaede.

"I didn't expect you to be so eager for another session, Harukawa-san. Well, I promised Kiibo to meet with him after lunch, so I don't think we can do it today." She replied.

"Oh, it's fine. Another day is fine." Maki said with a disappointed expression.

And after that, the group finished their lunch and walked back to school.

As Kaede walked towards the boy's dorm area, she felt a tap on her shoulder.

"Ah, Kiibo-kun! I was just looking for you." She said after turning around.
———————————————————————————————Hey there! I finally released another chapter of this fic. I had a little break from this fic and forgot to update it, so I'd like to apologise if you were waiting for another chapter. Anyways, I'd also like to thank you for 1k reads.

  I will try to post more chapters soon, and as always, thank you for reading!