chapter 4 years later aria

Lara has decided jax can't sleep in my room anymore. We always have done since we where 6. We are best of friends or Evan siblings. Same as the future beta gamma and second in command.
Except jax is different. We share everything together. We don't argue or fight unless it's joking or if he tries to steal my damn food.

So I am laying in my bed listening to rap music. I'm a bit of a tomb boy. Only do girl things with Lara to keep her happy. But at school with the boys I am part of the gang. No one generally bothers me. They know jax and the boys won't be too far behind. they never leave my side. Makes me feel safe. They know what they need to know.

"Aria" I hear jax whisper through the door.
"Jax" I whisper back.

"I can't sleep" I sigh

"I can't either jax. Just Lara said we can't anymore because we will find a mate when we are 18 and he or she won't like it."

"But aria I don't want a mate." I smile we both agreed mates was stupid. So I tap my bed he lays on my mattress with me tucked under his arm. We have done this since I was 6. It Helps with my nightmares but he has become to love it. He Evan comes to me now. I hear the door open

"Aria jax what did I say."
I start to cry I've never been naughty or done anything wrong. Maddox comes in.

"Oh monkey don't cry." Why Maddox he helps me sleep.

"Dad it was my fault I couldn't sleep with out her so I come in and she said no then I well I needed to she makes my wolf calm. I can't explain." He sighs

"the thing is you guys have different paths. Aria you have to get used to sleeping alone. You have Luna school when your 17 that's 12 months without jax. Then you come back here to except us as your pack and change for the first time and potentionally find your mate. Jax is going to alpha school. Same goes for you. We should have never allowed it. You guys where always stuck together. the school has Evan asked to separate you two at school. Jax you need to stop copying her work and graduate." Lara comes in.

"Okay you two tonight is the last night. Then we will discuss this more after school. We have talked about matesSo you know the reason. Do you want to upset the future Luna." she scolds

"No" we both say at same time. Jax grabs my hand and squeezes. I know what it means it mean no mates for us. We tend to know how each other think or feel. I think it's my blood transfer not sure.

"Aria your future mate will not like this. Plus you are your own alpha you know this alphas are really over possessive. Just look at maddox when it comes to his cubs and wife. We have to be careful. We let you two to close so everyone thinks it's jax alpha power radiating and not yours. Can you control it will out him. No so you need to learn." I just smile. I know this and my wolf does to she is just lazy.

Or smart I like jax. He is calming.

"Yes Lara we will start tomorrow." I say cheerfully