A Potter Worthy Catch

Scorpius survived his first week at Hogwarts, which is honestly longer than he expected, considering who his parents are and that Harry Potter was basically his uncle.

Scorpius woke up at the crack of dawn.

On a saturday.

But Scorpius just couldn't help it. He was so excited and nervous he was beside himself.

Scorpius groaned as he glanced at the clock, which read 6:08am.

Scorpius still had a little under two hours before he had to be down at the pitch for tryouts for the Slytherin quidditch team.

His Dad had told him that he was an amazing seeker, even better than Uncle Harry.

Mum pulled him aside and told him the truth - that his father was not an amazing seeker. In fact, Hermione had told him that his Dad was second best to Uncle Harry.

His mum had told him not to say anything to his Dad, she didn't want his ego hurt.

Scorpius sighed, giving up and rolling as silently as he could out of his bed.

Scorpius was going to go insane if he stayed in this dorm contemplating how tryouts were going to play out.

So, he tiptoed over to his dresser and pulled out his quidditch clothes and got dressed.

As Scorpius was checking his hair, he startled at the sound of the bathroom door creaked as it opened, revealing Jaxon Zabini, decked out in his quidditch gear.

"Hey Mate," Jaxon half whispered, "You as nervous as I am?"

Scorpius let out a shaky breath, "Honestly, probably more."

Jaxon waved him off and gestured to the door, "Let's get out of here, then we can talk without worrying about waking Albus up."

Scorpius nodded and walked to the common room, Jaxon on his heels.

"I really don't understand why you're so nervous," Jaxon sighed, "Your Dad was literally on the house team from his second year up until he graduated."

I shot him a look, "You and I both know that my Grandpa bribed them with new brooms and equipment in exchange for my dad being on the team."

Jaxon cracked a smile, "You're not going to let me try and make you feel better, are you?"

"I mean you can try all you want but it's futile," Scorpius shrugged.

"I'm sorry, futile?" Jaxon blinked.

Scorpius' cheeks burned, embarrassed, "Futile, uh it's basically a fancy word for pointless."

Jaxon frowned, then nodded, scoffing, "You always gotta make others feel stupid, don't you."

Scorpius rolled his eyes, familiar with this ongoing joke they had when Scorpius showed his gift of intelligence, "I believe the word you're looking for is incompetent."

Jaxon's smile dropped into sensire confusion, "Incompetence?"

Scorpius threw him a smirk, "Look it up."

Jaxon grinned and threw his arm around Scorpius' shoulders, "I've missed hanging out, Mate."

"Well, we'll be hanging out a lot more when both of us make the house team as first years," Scorpius grinned.

Jaxon's eyebrows lifted in surprise, "Oh okay, So now you're all cocky!"

Scorpius looked to Jaxon, "Do you wanna go to the pitch and warm up early?"