Earth to Idiot

Scorpius was an absolute wreck for the rest of the day. He couldn't focus on anything, and Albus was starting to get sick of repeating himself when trying to have a conversation with him.

"Hello!" Albus shouted at lunch, still not receiving any response, "Earth to idiot!"

Scorpius was still hopelessly lost in his own mind... that was, until Albus used a spoon as a makeshift catapult and launched a handful of peas at Scorpius' face.

Scorpius jumped, quickly glaring at Albus from across the table in the Great Hall, "Seriously dude?"

Albus gave him a look, "Don't seriously dude me! I've been trying to get you out of your head for the past two hours and-"

Albus cut himself off when he saw a red headed Gryffindor making her way over towards him and Scorpius.

Scorpius noticed him staring and turned, facing Rose in surprise.

"Hey guys," she smiled, her cheeks a shade too red.

"Hey Red," Scorpius managed to say over the sound of his heart beating.

Albus just simply stared, suddenly extremely amused at how this was going to play out.

Rose rolled her eyes the way she does whenever he calls her that. Albus calls this the "I'm going to pretend you're annoying me so you'll keep doing it because I secretly find it cute" face.

Which is why Albus scoffed... and is also why immediately after, Albus cried out in pain as Scorpius stomped on his foot as hard as he could under the table.

Rose barely noticed, not moving her eyes from Scorpius.

"How's it going?" She asked, oblivious to the tension.

Scorpius nodded, "Really good!"

Albus threw another pea at the back of his neck, causing Scorpius to spin around to glare at him, "Except Albus over here is in a terrible mood and is about to murder me."

Rose frowned at Albus, "And why, exactly are you about to murder him?"

Albus grinned sweetly at her, "You see, Rose, blondie over here won't quit worrying about how quidditch tryouts went and will not stop stressing about it and get out of his own head!"

Scorpius gave Albus a look, which Albus returned before sipping some of his pumpkin juice.

Rose frowned and then shrugged her shoulders slightly, "I mean, I can distract you for a couple hours if you want."

Albus full on sprayed the mouthful of pumpkin juice he had taken out all over Scorpius, whose face was practically on fire when he got what Albus was thinking about how exactly she would distract him.

Albus was choking as he tried not to laugh too hard. He managed to spit out, "Rose, I'm sure he'd very much like that."

Scorpius threw a spoon at him and Albus lost it again, practically crying he was laughing so hard.

He excused himself in a fit of giggles and left the table, leaving a very innocent and confused Rose, and a royally pissed off Scorpius whose face was beginning to fade back to it's pale shade.

Scorpius sighed, "Never mind him. He's an idiot."

She grinned, "So Is that a yes?"

"Sure," Scorpius said, his stomach in a frenzy, "Where exactly are we going?"

She grabbed his hand and pulled him up from the bench and Scorpius thought he was going to fall over from all of the emotions that he just experienced in those two seconds their hands met.

"It's a surprise," she grinned and raced out of the Great Hall, her fiery hair practically leaving a trail of fire that he was definitely going to follow.

• • •
Don't kill me. This sucks and is a filler. I realize that. However I am busy as heck and it was either this or nothing 🙃