Luckiest Bastard

Hermione silently back tracked out of Leo's room, trying her hardest not to make any noises that might wake him up. She has spent the past hour trying to put him down.

Hermione wanted to press her back against the fall and slide down to the floor and just pass out, but she knew she'd regret it in the morning when her spine was all whack for the rest of the day.

Hermione groaned, only thinking about how good a glass of wine would be right now.

She huffed and poured down at her stomach, "This is your fault, you know."

Hermione looked up when she heard the sound of the front door opening and a voice call out hesitantly, "Love?"

Hermione sighed and shook her head at her stomach, "You're right, it's definitely his fault."

Hermione shifted slightly as she heard footsteps behind her and Conor yes her way down the hallway towards their bedroom.

"Hey? 'Mione, are you alright?" Draco asked, worry lining his words thickly.

Hermione sighed and nodded, "Just bloody peachy. Couldn't be better."

Draco let out a frustrated breath as they entered the bedroom and he shut the door behind them, adding a silencing charm for good measure. He has a feeling there was going to be some yelling.

"Love, please tell me what's bothering you," Draco said, ready to get pounded on by his extremely riled up wife.

He could practically feel her blood rising as she spun around to face him, her face red with emotion.

"Fine. Do you want to know what's 'bothering me'?" She scoffed, "I'm bothered by the fact that we both work a full work day, yet when I'm off from work, I go straight to pick up the kids, take them home, help them with their school work while making all of us dinner that you apparently are too busy trying to suck up to potential clients than to show up to!"

She took a second to suck in air to continue her rant, "And then, I bathe the kids as I try to clean up the mess I've made while trying to solely parent two kids. And then, I get to spend the next four hours trying to coax them each to sleep and keep them there."

She glared at Draco, "Is that what you wanted, love?"

Draco leaned forward so that his elbows rested on his knees, closing his eyes as he swarmed with guilt while he realized the hell he was putting his wife through.

"I'm sorry," Draco sighed, "I'm so sorry, Love. I didn't realize it was so hard on you. You always seemed to be doing it so well on your own I just thought-"

"No, Draco," she interrupted, "You see, that's the problem. I shouldn't be doing this on my own. When we said our vows, when I said I was yours, we agreed we'd be there for each other no matter what. That we were in this together."

"This," She gestured around her, "is not together."

Draco stood, walking towards her, his normally high head sunk low with shame, "I know that. And I am so sorry for all that I've put you through just to get more business- more money. Which we don't need."

Draco tentatively reached for her hand and she sighed in defeat as she stepped into his arms, "I miss you, love."

Draco pressed his lips to her forehead, "I know, I miss you too. I promise I'll be there for you and the kids. I'd move mountains for you love."

Hermione pulled away from him and ran a hand through his hair with affection, "I'm not asking you to move mountains, I'm asking you to change your son's diaper for once."

Draco grinned at her, "What the hell did I do to deserve you?"

Hermione shrugged her shoulders, "I guess you're just lucky."

Draco's hands traveled down her hips when suddenly he scooped her up in his arms as she squealed in surprise, "Luckiest bastard in the whole world. That's for sure."

• • •
Not up to my usual standard but I felt bad for not updating and thought it was cute