Baby Ferret!

Scorpius' hands was clasping Rose's as he ran through the corridors.

Rose laughed, her breathing slightly shallow, "Scorpius, where are we going!?"

Scorpius grinned back at her, hoping this would make her very happy, "Telling you would kind of make it not a surprise anymore, wouldn't it?"

Rose rolled her eyes at him, murmuring under her breath, smart alec

"I heard that!" Scorpius smiled as he continued to pull her through the familiar corridors. 

Scorpius' grin widened as they got closer and closer.

"Now James," a familiar voice called, "I am disappointed in you! Obviously you don't simply put a pixie in Filch's desk drawer!"

Scorpius slowed down and peeked around the corner with Rose to see James in front of Fred's portrait with a pencil and a notepad, aggressively scribbling something out in it. 

Fred leaned forward, pressing himself against the surface of the portrait and lowered his voice to a hoarse whisper, "... You fill his closet in his office, and then you fill Snape's ingredient cabinet."

James' eye lit up with mischief and he was already sprinting down the hall, calling over his shoulder, "THANKS UNCLE FRED!"

Fred slumped in his chair, a satisfied grin spread across his freckled face, "Ah, young trouble."

Scorpius stepped out from the corner, suddenly aware of every noise his shoes made in the abandoned corridor.

Fred's eyes flicked to Scorpius and his face split into a mighty big grin, "Baby Ferret! What's up buddy? Come back for a story already?"

Scorpius' eyebrows narrowed at the name he'd just been called, "Okay, I will be writing to my parents about that nickname... but no. I thought I'd bring someone to see what I've seen, Uncle Fred."

Scorpius turned and saw Rose's blazing red hair catching the light as she slowly stepped out of the shadows. 

Fred practically fell out of his chair as he scrambled back in surprise, "Bloody hell, it's another Weasley."

Rose's face widened in surprise, "U-Uncle Fred?"

Fred visibly swallowed, "Um... yes? Who? Who are your parents?"

Rose's mood noticeably shifted downward at the topic and she mumbled, "Ronald Weasley and Lavender Brown."

Fred's jaw dropped, "Holy shi- I mean, wow. I was not expecting that. Okay. Well, then I guess I really am your uncle Fred."

She smiled, liking the idea of having another relative, "I'm Rose."

"Well, it's very nice to meet you, Rose. If it weren't for this bloody picture frame I'd come right out there and give you a hug," Fred's smiled dripped into that sort of grimace-smile that you get when you're miserable but are trying to hide it so that no one will comment on it. 

Scorpius noticed.

"Uncle Fred's the best," Scorpius beamed at Rose, "He's not biologically my Uncle but he might as well be. My Mum and Dad took me up here at the beginning of term and showed me where they used to live here in the castle. Uncle Fred's promised to tell me stories of my parents when I'm feeling home sick."

Rose's eyes lit up suddenly, as if her pupils were rings of oil and Scorpius had dropped a lit match on them. 

She turned to Fred, her eyes wide with hope, "Can you tell me stories about my parents?"

Fred's smile twitched, "Well I can tell you a little about your Mum, but I didn't get to know her very well before I was killed. But I can tell you all about your Dad if you want."

Rose grinned, "I'd love that."

Fred leaned forward on the edge of his seat, "Well, when George and I were about eight years old, we had just gotten these magic brooms. Your Dad was soo jealous, that he took one of the logs of wood from the fireplace, that was still partly on fire, mind you! And he pulled it out into the lawn and got third degree burns from his 'broom'. Which Mum healed right up with her wand but she still had a field day blaming George and I. Talking about how we were older and should have known better and whatever. Long story short, we got grounded for two weeks and your Dad ended up getting a broom of his own."

Rose giggled, "Seriously?"

Fred grinned and nodded, "Speaking of Sirius... has your Dad ever told you the story of how he broke his leg when he was a third year?"

Rose gasped, "No!"

"Sorry to interrupt, but you two seem to have a lot of catching up to do. I'm going to leave you two to it and I'll meet up with you at Dinner, alright Rose?" Scorpius smiled. 

Rose was distracted, hurriedly waving him off, "Yeah, yeah, sure. Great."

Scorpius grinned as he walked away from Rose and Uncle Fred. He knew she would love meeting Uncle Fred and he hoped hearing all the stories of her Dad would cheer her up.

Now he had to find a quill and a piece of parchment to figure out what this 'Baby Ferret' nickname was all about. 

• • •

I'm a terrible person and haven't updated in forever and you guys totally deserve a much better chapter than this after waiting so long and now Christmas break is over but it's kind of still chill right now so I'll try to keep updating but you're amazing people to stick through this with me and be so patient. 

Also how the crap do I have 1.2k followers!!!!!! That's insane! 

You guys are amazing and I hope I can update soon for you guys. Just keep commenting reminders and yell at me and the more you yell, the guiltier I feel, the more likely I am to update lol.