Biscuits And Congratulations

Scorpius had made it through the month of October will very few visits to McGonagall's office- only eight thank you very much. 

Here are the reasons for each visit:

1.  Scorpius poured some of Uncle Fred and George's itching powder into Gryffindor's seeker's practice robes as he was leaving the locker room after practice

2. Albus accidentally blew up his potions project in the dungeons and Scorpius took the blame so Albus wouldn't get picked on more

3. A third year in Ravenclaw discredited Rose's good marks, saying she's only successful because her Dad is apart of the golden trio

4. Scorpius openly expressed his confusion surrounding the importance of potions (Slughorn wasn't happy with him)

5. Chase and Scorpius started fighting over which Slytherin knew the worse jinx... by performing said jinxes on each other

6. Scorpius was caught by a prefect sneaking back into the castle after curfew (after visiting his Uncle George in his shop after hours). Of course, McGonagall was well aware of his whereabouts and only offered him biscuits after dismissing the prefect whom had dragged him to her office in the first place.

7. Scorpius, Rose, and Albus were caught (by the same prefect as before) sneaking back from Hagrid's after curfew. All three were offered a biscuit before being sent to bed

The eighth visit was much more recent, and by far the most serious of visits. 

When Scorpius was dragged into McGonagall's office just a few days ago, the Gryffindor Lucas Patil was in tow with him. Both boys refused to acknowledge each other, too busy glaring. 

"Helen, you are dismissed, thank you," McGonagall said curtly as the prefect nodded and shut the door behind her on the way out. 

"Mr. Patil, I'd like to hear your piece first," McGonagall sat calmly, folding her hands together and narrowing her eyes on Lucas. 

The boy shook his head angrily, "All that happened was we were out on the grounds for flying lessons and we were just talking about what our parents did in the war. Then Malfoy got all worked up about it and punched me in the nose!"

Scorpius spun on him, seething, "You called my father a coward!"

"-Because your father was a coward!" Lucas spun, face red.

"How dare-" Scorpius began, his hand itching towards his wand in his robes pocket.

"Enough," McGonagall said forcefully enough that the two boys ceased talking immediately and turned to her in shock. 

"Five points from Gryffindor and Five points from Slytherin for your display this afternoon. Mr. Patil, you are dismissed, and I trust I will not see you in my office in the near future."

Lucas' face twisted, but he managed out a weak, "Yes, Professor."

Scorpius fell into one of the seats pulled up to McGonagall's desk and sighed, rubbing his eyes wearily.

"Congratulations, Mr. Malfoy," McGonagall sighed.

Scorpius looked up, his face screwed up in a look of confusion, "Professor?"

"You have officially broken the record for number of visits to my office in the span of one month," McGonagall replied dryly.

Scorpius managed a weak smile, "And I still have a week to spare!"

McGonagall inhaled deeply before setting her eyes on Scorpius', "What exactly did he say?"

Scorpius sighed, exhausted and not wanting to repeat the foul words that fell from Lucas' mouth, "He was arguing that my Dad was a coward for becoming a death eater and running away from the battle. He said that the only reason my Dad achieved redemption was because he married my Mum. He said my Mum was stupid and naive to marry a man who did such terrible things."