Butterbeer and Sexual Tension (Except They're Eleven)

November sure took it's time to reach the castle. 

Scorpius was desperate for a break. His head throbbed from studying for his exams and he'd broken more bones from the quidditch season so far this year than in the past 11 years of his life combined together. 

A break sounded very pleasing at the moment. 

Exams weren't too far away, which meant all the students in Hogwarts were either brain dead or so on edge they couldn't think straight. 

McGonagall decided it was best to let the whole school have a trip to Hogsmead. Even the kids under the third years could go, so long as they had a permission slip. 

Albus and Scorpius were up at the crack of dawn they were so excited. It would be their first trip to Hogsmead (other than the times Scorpius snuck out through the hidden tunnels). 

Albus groaned and rubbed his stomach with a gloved hand, licking his lips as he sighed, "I cannot wait to eat anything I can get my hands on in Honeydukes!"

Scorpius grinned, "You do know you'll have to buy everything... right?"

Albus' mouth quirked to the side with mischief as he waved off Scorpius, "You do realize who our parents are, right?"

"We can't just pull the 'my Mum and Dad are famous' card every time we want something, Albus," Scorpius shot the other boy a look. 

Albus threw his hands up in surrender, "Hey, don't give me that look. I try to pay, everywhere I go. So do my parents, but the store owner always insists, rambling on about how brave they are and the sacrifices that they made for the wizarding world and blah blah-"

Scorpius rolled his eyes slightly and smiled at the truth of his words. 

Albus opened his mouth to continue his argument, not satisfied with Scorpius' lack of response when a sob cut him off. 

Albus and Scorpius quickened their footsteps as they passed the courtyard to reach the grounds. 

Scorpius searched for the source of the dreadful sound when his eyes landed on a fiery head of hair stopped him dead in his tracks. 

Albus straightened, shocked. 

Scorpius nudged him, breaking Albus and himself out of their daze. 

Both of the boys ran over to her, worry floating in their eyes. 

Rose startled at the crunch of snow behind her and turned her head quickly to wipe her eyes. 

She wasn't quick enough. 

Albus crouched down next to her, putting a comforting arm around his cousin, "Rosey, what's wrong?"

Rosey. Scorpius hadn't heard Albus call her that since they were kids. 

Rose shook her head slightly, her voice cracking, giving her away as she scrambled, "I'm fine. Just fell and the snow got all on my face. I'm just cold is all."

Albus looked up to Scorpius, a question written in his gaze. 

Should we push it or leave her be?

Scorpius shook his head, he's seen Rose avoid his worry and she snaps at him, he had to react carefully, "Well, why don't you come with us to the three broomsticks to get some hot butterbeer? I'd bet it would warm you up."

Rose began to protest, shaking her head, still refusing to meet his eyes, "No, I have studying to-"

Scorpius laughed, "Rose, I think you're the one person in this castle that doesn't have to study. You'd give my Mum a run for her money with your marks."