Chapter 2: Why don't you talk?

"You can explore the palace now, but you are forbidden to go to the west wing. If you do, the guards will kill you immediately. Do you understand?" Titus asked the six kids.

"Yes, yes we understand!" Monty quickly replied, clearly scared.

Titus didn't really mean that the guards would kill them but it was best if they were afraid to go. The west wing was the commanders bedroom and some secret rooms containing weapons, gold, important fills and a lot of other things Titus didn't want the kids to be involved in.

After Titus left the group took a good look around the training room.

"Omg! This place is huge." Raven said. "I want to explore the rest of the palace. Murphy are you coming?"

"Yeah.", Murphy answered happily, since he always had a crush on Raven.

"We are going to look for the kitchen." Jasper and Monty both said.

Bellamy decided to look around too. Maybe he could find that strange girl who so easily punched him on the stomach. He found her really interesting.

When he entered a room, an arrow came towards him scratching him slightly on the arm.

"Hey, hey. It's me!" Bellamy told Clarke when he realized she was the one who shoot the arrow.

The room Bellamy had entered was the training room. He saw a lot of targets binned on the walls. All of them had an arrow directly in the center. Clarke was good with the bow.

"Nes taim, em na laik twin oyu blinka. (Next time, it will be between your eyes)" Clarke told him with an angry look on her face.

"Look I don't understand you. I don't know Trig yet. Titus will teach us but until then, why don't you speak English?" Bellamy said with a smile to try and calm her down.

"Gonasleng laik ga Skaikru. Ai nou laik Skaikru. Ai laik Trikru. Trikru chich Trigedasleng!  (English is for Sky people. I am not Sky people. I am Wood Clan. Wood clan speaks Trigedasleng!)" , she said. "Nau GON WE! (Now GO AWAY!)" she shouted, pointing the entrance.

"I kind of understood some things of what you said. I don't think you'll speak English any time soon huh?"

"BAN AU! (GET OUT!) NAU! (NOW!)" Clarke yelled one more time, now aiming Bellamy with her bow and an arrow.

"Okay, okay! I'll go!" Bellamy told her as he walk backwards slowly to the door with his hand up like he was surrendering.

After that Clarke continued with her archery, thinking about that strange boy.

Bellamy was wondering around the halls of the palace when he saw Titus.

"Titus! Titus wait."

"It is Seda (Teacher) for you young man. What do you want?"

"I just saw that girl, Clarke. Does she know English? She only spoke in Trig."

"Yes, she does. But she will not speak."

"But why?"

"We are Trikru. All the 12 clans speak Trigedasleng. English is for Skaikru. We honor our clan and Kongeda (All clans together). We speak English only when we need to. Only warriors know the language. Besides, she doesn't trust you. In fact, she doesn't trust anyone. Only me and Heda. But that is good and it will stay this way. She will help with your training sometimes, but I don't want you to become friends with her. She will become Heda once Lexa falls. That will not change! I will not allow it! Am I clear?"

"Yes, you are very clear." Bellamy said and he left. He couldn't understand why she was so serious and alert all the time. She didn't smile or talk much. She should be though! After all she couldn't be older than 18 years old. He and his friends were all 20. But he wasn't going to give up so easily. He was determined to get to know her. There was something about her! Something he felt drawn to!