Chapter 9: Camping

A few days later

"Today we will go camping!" Titus announced.

"Camping? Like out in the wild?" Jasper asked a little worried.

"No, camping here in the palace!" Titus responded sarcastically "Of course out in the wild you idiot!"
Everyone laughed at Titus' remark "We will camp at the forest not far from here! Pack your things, take only what you need and I'll see you tonight!"

The Skaikru trainees had never camped in the woods! Even when they went out of the fence, they all had to be back at Arkadia before sunset. They had no idea what they would encounter in tonight's camping trip! They didn't even pack the essentials! Jasper got game cards with him and his goggles. Monty got some weed and moonshine. Raven filled her bag with wires and tablets. She said she could get some work done around the fire instead of wasting her time! If only she knew... Murphy got his knife for protection and a some berries he found outside the palace and Bellamy brought some water and a gun! He was hiding it from Titus! What if something happened during their stay in the woods? He had to be able to protect himself and the other! He had learned how to use the gun back in Arkadia!

Right before Sundown

Everybody gathered at the main gate of Polis waiting for Titus.

"Alright everyone! The moment we pass these gates, some new rules apply! Rule Number One, You never ever leave the group no matter what! Rule Number Two, You let me know if you want to go to the bathroom or get away from the group for any reason! Rule Number Three, You inform me on everything you see or hear! Rule Number Four, You do exactly what I tell you to do! Are we clear?" Titus said.

"Yes Seda!" they all replied.

"All right then, Let's go!"

They all began marching towards the woods, talking and laughing on the way, despite Titus telling them to keep quiet.

Clarke on the other hand didn't make a sound. She hadn't talked to anyone these past few days. Ever since Lincoln and Indra's visit, she isolated herself from everyone. She needed time to process everything and to think. She felt so betrayed by Lincoln when he told her he loves a Skaikru. She was shocked when Indra told her she had a Skaikru for a second. And not only it was the same Skaikru, but it also was Bellamy's sister! His sister! Can you believe it?!

"Alrighty kids. We will camp here!" Titus stopped walking and threw his backpack on the ground  "Murphy go gather some wood and Raven you light a fire."

"Sha Seda!" they responded and went off.

"Bellamy go find us some food before the sun disappears completely and... take Clarke with you! She knows which fruit are poisonous and which aren't."

"Sha Seda" they both replied.

"Be careful!"

Clarke and Bellamy started searching for food. They looked for a while before Bellamy shouted "Here! Clarke look! Berries!" he started picking them up and putting them in his backpack. He was about to eat one when he had his hand pulled away.

"Put these down right now!" Clarke shouted "These are deadly poisonous! Are you kidding me? What are you doing?"

"I'm sorry. I didn't know they were poisonous obviously! That's why you're here!"

"We won't find anything here. We have to go further!"

"Titus told us to not go too far away!" Bellamy said a little concerned.

"Yeah well, he did also tell us to find food and we aren't going to if we don't go further!" she continued walking deeper and deeper into the woods.

They had been walking for a while when Clarke leaned down to the ground.

"What is it?" Bellamy asked her. She simply stood up and showed him her fingers. They had blood on them.

"This blood is still fresh! Someone was just here!"

Then, they heard a loud roar!

They both gasped!

"Pauna!" Clarke whispered.

"What?"

"Bellamy... Run!" they both started running as fast as they could but they heard big footsteps behind them!

"Clarke what is it?" Bellamy asked while they were running.

"It's Pauna! It's–" Clarke was cut short when the gigantic gorilla appeared right in front of them.

They just stood there both of them and gasped. Pauna roared again and that's when they started running again. Bellamy got his gun out of his pants and started shooting at the gorilla while running. But nothing worked. Pauna was still following them!

"In here!" Clarke yelled at him.

They got into some ruins that were small enough so hopefully Pauna wouldn't be able to fit.

"So now what do we do?" Bellamy asked while trying to catch his breath.

Pauna was still outside of the ruins. Thankfully she couldn't fit but she didn't leave either.

"Now we wait!" Clarke responded while sitting down.

━━━━━》AUTHOR'S NOTE《━━━━━
Guys I am so so so sorry that I hadn't written in forever. I know and I'm sorry. I just had zero inspiration... I hope you like this chapter.

If you do please leave a vote or/and a comment to keep me motivated to write more for you!

P.S. I don't know if I have made any mistakes considering vocabulary, spelling and grammar as English is not my native language. If you do encounter any mistakes please let me know in the comments! Thanks!