Chapter 6: The first and the last Nightblood

In the Trig lesson, the Skaikru trainees learned how to form proper sentence. All Clarke heard was mumbling! She spent the entire time trying to make up her mind about the new Skaikru kids. She debated on whether it was safe for her to hang around them or not. She could really use some friends. She spent most of her life interacting only with Titus, Lexa and a few other Grounders. But she hasn't spoken to someone even close to her age in forever. She wanted to have someone to talk to, to have fun with when she wasn't training, to tell them her worries and her fears, things that she couldn't talk about with Titus or Lexa. After approximately an hour and a half of thinking about it over and over again, she decided to do it. She would try to approach them!

Next on schedule was a meeting with Lexa. The trainees needed to know their history. Titus escorted the trainees to the throne room. There Lexa was waiting for them.

"Welcome skola! (students!)" the Heda greeted them "Today I will tell you the story of the first Commander and the 12 clans!"

They all sat in front of Lexa and waited.

"A hundred and seven years ago, Praimfaya (Nuclear Apocalypse) happened! That is when the first Commander Bekka Pramheda (Becca Franco) rose! She was the first nightblood! She helped the survivors and saved us all. After her death, the Flame was removed along with the spirit and it was passed to the next Nightblood, who became Commander. Because there are more than one Nightblood, in order to choose who is the best to rule, we hold a conclave. All the Nightbloods fight to the end. Commander becomes the Nightblood who remains last! The spirits of the past Commanders that lie in the Flame, consult the new Commander. The Flame is protected by the Flamekeepers. Titus is our Flamekeeper and he is also responsible for training the Nightbloods and preparing them to rule. He also trains them for the conclave. When I fall, Clarke will ascend as the next Commander!" Lexa explained "That is all for today! Now go rest!"

After they had dinner, Titus and the trainees went to the garden behind the tower and lit a fire. They all sat there and started talking. Clarke didn't talk at all, she was just sharpening her sword with a stone

Suddenly, Bellamy asked "Why is Clarke the only Nightblood?". The stone Clarke was holding slipped through her hand and she somehow managed to cut her hand on the blade.

"Ouch!" she groaned in pain. She quickly grabbed a piece of fabric she had tied around her wrist and covered the wound. She glared angrily at Bellamy.

Titus looked uneased. Her cleared his throat before saying "We don't talk about that!"

"But why?" Bellamy pressed "Why is she the only one?"

"Yeah! Why do they call her the last Nightblood? Why is she the last?" Murphy stood up.

"Seda em laik kei. (Teacher it's okay.)" Clarke said quietly.

"Yu laik klin Klark? (Are you sure Clarke?)" Titus looked at Clarke concerned.

"Sha! Emo gaf in get in! (Yes! They need to know!)" Clarke responded looking at the ground, trying to hold back her tears.

"Alright! Clarke is okay with me telling you but you will never mention it again! Do you understand?" Titus asked the Skaikru trainees with a serious face.

"Yeah okay!" they all agreed.

"Nine years ago we had eight Nightbloods! Clarke was the youngest among them. She was nine! They all lived here in the palace. They all were great warriors and all ready to become Heda! One night, the Nightbloods were all asleep. All but one! Clarke used to climb on the roof of the tower. She used to sit there and draw. She loved it! While the Nightbloods were asleep, the queen of Azgeda, queen Nia, sneaked into the palace. She killed the guards outside the Nightbloods' chambers and then... she proceeded on slaughtering all the Nightbloods while they were asleep. None of them woke up in time! She was quiet and fast! In the mean while, Clarke was returning to the room when she saw the guards with slit throats. She quickly grabbed one of their swords and opened the doors to the chamber. There, she saw queen Nia piercing the last one of the Nightbloods with her sword. Nia turned to face her and the two of them started fighting. They didn't fight for long. Nia managed to stab Clarke on the stomach. As she pulled her sword out of her, Nia laughed! She then turned her back on Clarke who was lying on the floor. That was the mistake Nia payed with her life! Clarke managed to gather all her strength and quietly, she stood up, walked behind Nia and cut her head off. By that time, Heda, me and a few guards heard the noise from the fight and walked to the Nightbloods' chambers. When we opened the doors, we froze instantly because of the sight! Clarke was trying to stay up and not fall, using her sword to keep her balanced. She bend over and grabbed Nia's decapitated head. Then, she walked towards us and lifted the queen's head. I remember she said: 'Azplana don slip daun! Natrona laik stedaun! Gon Heda! Gon Fleimon! Gon Natblida!' which means 'The Ice-Queen has fallen! The traitor is dead! For the Commander! For the Flame! For the Nightbloods!'. After that, she collapsed on the floor. Our healer treated her and she woke up two days later. We managed to figure out Nia's plan! She wanted to kill all the Nightbloods and then the Commander, so that she and the Ice-Nation could rule Polis!"

Bellamy and the others were shocked! Clarke had tears slipping down her cheeks.

"This is why we don't talk about what happened that day! Now the Ice-Nation has a new King, who obeys Lexa, King Roan! We also took revenge on the queen. Queen Nia was not burned and honored. She was a traitor! She didn't die a good death! Her body was left in the woods to be eaten by animals, her head was thrown in the sea and her crown is now kept into the Commanders vault as a prize. We honor the Nightbloods who died by protecting Clarke. We haven't found any Nightbloods since then, so it is most likely that Clarke will be the next Commander." Titus said and left quickly trying to hide his sadness.

"Oh my God Clarke!" Raven said "You were 9 years old for fuck's sake!"

"I'm really sorry I asked! I didn't- I didn't know! I truly am sorry!" Bellamy tried to defend himself.

"Thank you..." Clarke whispered, shocking everyone.

━━━━━》AUTHOR'S NOTE《━━━━━
OMG!!! I had been waiting for this chapter forever! Was it good? What did you think? Leave a vote and a comment!)